We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
574 posts
82 reviews
Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

Hi,

I'm working out the details of the ending of our 2+ week itinerary for April 2018. I'm looking at starting in Casablanca and will spend our first night there as I don't want to travel after arriving. I do want to see the Hassan Mosque and a few other sights in Casablanca.

I'm trying to decide between R/T Casablanca tickets or open jaw tickets arriving Casablanca and leaving Marrakech.

The end of the trip is still a work in progress and a big piece of this will be whether we fly R/T to Casablanca or leave from Marrakech. I'd really like to end the trip in a seaside town as a way to "chill out" before returning home to the US.

In my current plan, we arrive toward the end of our trip in Marrakech and stay for 3 nights, then go to El Jadida for the last night. However, I'm concerned about traveling to the airport from here (see my other thread).

If we fly home from Marrakech, we can travel to a coastal town after 2 nights, sleep 1 night in a coastal town, and then return to Marrakech for the final night before our flight home - but I hate breaking up a city stay. If we do this option, I would also consider going to Essaouria.

I could pass on the seaside town - it's not essential, but it would be nice. Would appreciate feedback about what makes more sense, if we choose to visit a seaside town at the end of our trip. If we decide to pass on this option, returning from Marrakech makes more sense.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

well as I said in the other thread, you dont need to worry much about getting to Casa Airport from El Jadida as they are connected by a modern motorway.

but the option of flying out of Marrakech also works - note that there are plenty of places out of town in the Marrakech countryside where you could also spend a relaxing day before flying out

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
574 posts
82 reviews
2. Re: Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

Thanks, nibrika, I'm pretty sure we will fly out of Marrakech; it gives us plenty of options, and I can leave it open for now.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Fes
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

It would help to know what the timing of the flights out of Casablanca you are looking at. If it were me, I'd spend a night or two in Oualidia and then plan on flying out of Casablanca, which you can reach in two hours' drive. But that plan wouldn't make sense if you have an early morning flight from Casa.

I find that if you fly out of Marrakech, you are either changing planes in Casablanca anyway or are taking a budget-carrier direct flight to another European city to then change planes for the US, which can often mean having to overnight in that city.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
574 posts
82 reviews
4. Re: Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

The flight I'm looking at leaves Casablanca at 11:55am (I mentioned it on my other thread). Right now leaning toward open jaw flying out of Marrakech, so El Jadida may be moot now. I'm liking the idea of flying out of Marrakech more and more but will be making a decision soon.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

So better concentrate on that part of Your trip and for the closest coastal town to discover and enjoy is Essaouira, as El Jadida is north up west of Casablanca, and that is too much to add to do it.

you can do an overnight to Essaouira and return to Marrakech if you want more time, but you have more time in your holiday then make two nights to Essaouira.

have a nice holiday.

6. Re: Which flight if I want to end our trip in a coastal town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2018, 14:18