We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

Hi Folks

Planning 2nd trip to Oahu but this time with another addition to our family (will be 3yrd & 1yr). Stayed at Marriott Ko'Olina last time (LOVED it - had everything we needed plus more!) and the outrigger on the reed (not bad but didn't meet all the needs ie kids pool)

Would love to stay at Marriott Ko'Olina again and need 2 bedroom so hubby and I get downtime while babies sleep but it's so expensive for the 2 bedroom! Happy to look at anything around $700 total (so including taxes) but needs to be:

-on the beach

-kids pool

-resort style is preferred but open to suggestions.

FYI we spent all our time while in Waikiki at the Ala Moana Beach park (we had a car) as the beach was so nice and calm and it was all families. Beach at Waikiki at outrigger wiped me and my son out on the first day so we didn't bother going back... Not sure if this was just the location or not?

Thanks in advance!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

Hilton Hawaiian Village or Embassy Suites in Waikiki. Aulani or Ko Olina Beach Villas at Ko Olina?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

We stayed in the beach villas at Ko'Olina (Marriott) but like Aulani for a 2 bedroom prices is about $850+ so not an option... I'll check out your other 2 suggestions 😊 Thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

😭 any other suggestions? All listed are $1000+!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

Beach Villas aren't owned by Marriott - Beach Club is. Beach Villas are privately owned condos - and are huge.

You could get away with a 1 bedroom putting kids in the living rooms.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
39 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

OMG I'm so sorry I didn't realise this and confused the name but I'm SO appreciative that you clarified as I think this might actually work!! *doing my happy dance!! Thanks so much!!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

No problems! We've stayed at Aulani 5 times, Beach Villas 2 times and Beach Club once (can you tell we love Ko Olina LOL?).

All 3 places have huge units (condos). We book a 2 bedroom at Aulani and Beach Club as we have 3 kids. So we put two kids in the second bedroom and the youngest in the living room. This suits us as we then can watch tv in the main bedroom without disturbing the kids.

At the Beach Villas we book a three bedroom as the prices normally work out the same.

But as I said earlier at Aulani and Beach Club plus Embassy Suites I think you could get away with a 1 bedroom. The living areas are quite large with sofa beds in all. I personally haven't stayed at Embassy Suites but my bestie stayed there with her 3 kids on October and had no problems in a 1 bedroom (her kids are same ages as mine - 10, 8 and 6).

We only separate out our youngest as he snores so loud he would keep the other two awake all night.

7. Re: 2 bedroom - on beach - <$700 - anywhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2017, 15:16