We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

Does anyone want to help stake out a spot on the sand and take turns for food & bathroom breaks?

I know its almost two months away, but assuming the weather cooperates, does anyone want to help claim a spot near the stage? I've read reports where people say they showed up at 6am to wait for the actors/actresses to show up but that would be a little difficult to do when you are traveling solo. I don't mind taking the first shift!

@
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

Now that's dedication.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,269 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

I can't believe that incredibly bad show is still on the air..... I'll be staking out a spot on the lawn at Cal Tech for the Big Bang season premiere :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

While I won't be on-Island at that time, I did witness the event a couple years ago. A ZOO! Your approach is wise ... if this is a priority for you.

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

It may be a zoo but it can't be any worse than the crowds at the Olympics last year! It all depends on the amount of police presence to keep things orderly.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
427 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

I'll be in Honolulu on the 26th but have no intention of spending my last full day on the island saving seats.

Lubbock, TX
Level Contributor
725 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

I'll be there. Mrs. Deubster & I arrive in Honolulu on Sept. 26 - arriving at HNL @ 1:14, pick up luggage & our rental, at the hotel by 3 (that's the plan, anyway). Change into beach attire, explore a few things in the hotel, possibly grab a bite to eat (if they have food vendors at the event we'll eat there), and wander over to Sunset on the Beach - our hotel is on that end of Waikiki. I expect we will be there between 4:30 and 5.

So you take the first shift (as you said you were willing to do) at 6 AM, and the Mrs & I will spell you when we get there at 4:30. How does that sound?

BTW, how will we know you? (Other than by looking for someone with tightly crossed legs looking near panic)

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

I live in Honolulu and would love to assist. I have a family of 5 including myself and am willing to take any available shift and/or provide a break for you. Please feel free to contact me at 808-436-5676 cell/text.

Mahalo/

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

I live in Honolulu and would love to assist. I have a family of 5 including myself and am willing to take any available shift and/or provide a break for you. Please feel free to contact me at 808-436-5676 cell/text.

Mahalo/

Sacramento...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

Mahalo

10. Re: Hawaii 5-O Season Premier on the beach - Sept 26, 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 14:16