We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Merced, California
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

I will be flying out of Oakland to Maui this fall. Does anyone know which version of the 767 typically flies out of Oakland? I understand that there are different seating configurations depending on the version. Seat Guru shows two different seating configurations on their website and I have heard that even on the HA website that the seating map may not be the representation of the actual plane you will be flying on. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Petaluma, CA
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

We flew Oakland-Maui on Hawaiian last October and are flying again in November. The plane we flew on had 2-3-2 seat configuration, which was great. According to the seat map when we booked, we have the same plane this year. Compared to the 3-3 we flew on Alaska, the Hawaiian plane was so spacious.

The 2 seats next to the window are really nice.

Merced, California
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Thank you for your response! Do you remember if the center galley/lavatories were over the wing (row 24/25) or closer to the front of the plane (around row 16)?

California
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Just check www.seatguru.com

You can see the seating configuration, the location of the galleys, whether or not there's a power outtet at a specific seat, and the exact width and pitch of each seat.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,378 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Make sure you check your reservations often. HA had us on the 767 from HNL-LAX when we booked...they moved the flight up an hour and changed the aircraft to the A330. No notification either.

You should be able to tell which 767 version you're flying. Version 2 has a few more rows.

3Chihuahuas

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Also, I've had an airline change the same basic plane to a dif. seating configuration without notice--so when looking at res. every week as we do (or more!), it still showed the same plane, but I happened to click on our seat assignments, not wanting to take any chances, and low and behold they had changed to another version of the same plane and now our seats were VERY undesirable, so keep checking even when you think you have "it right."

We travelers simply have to check our res. very often, so that there is time to make any changes well before our departure/return.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 06:21
Merced, California
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

HA changed our return flight giving us 4 minutes to connect in HNL. I just got off the phone with them and they were great - fixed our flight, got the same seat assignments and even changed our flight going there - which they had moved 20 minutes earlier in LAX so that allowed us to get an earlier connection in HNL and more Maui time. Yay!

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,528 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Aloha,

Yes, check early and check often. Great advice above. Plane types/configurations can change, even at the last minute.

Lahaina, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

Do online check in 24h prior to departure and purchase Exit Row preferred seating. $35 for more legroom if you like. Priority boarding, also.

D P
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian Airlines 767 Seating Configuration

I love that exit row upgrade!

I set my alarm to do it online exactly 24 hrs before. Last time I was on Trilogy when I did it.