We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flip Key

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
752 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Flip Key

Sorry for asking a probably very silly question... What exactly is flip key, a company like VRBO or is it more of a management company like Chasen Rainbows? I saw some very reasonable vacation rentals on the TA website and just curious how safe it is to rent through flip key?

We are not doing a family vacation this year afterall, but I am trying to see if I can plan a one week budget friendly trip for just hubby and I in early June.

Thank you!

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flip Key

Flip Key evolved to grab the vacation rental business dollars as VRBO made money and market share.

It appears that most of those that advertise on Flip Key also advertise on VRBO.

Flip Key is reliable. The issues come up with the property which advertises.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flip Key

Flip Key is a sister site of TripAdvisor. Their reviews are unique in the fact that you have to be invited to leave one. Which means at least they aren't fabricated . It also means you probably won't find too many "bad" reviews!!

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
752 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flip Key

Thanks for the responses. There are some great deals out there for end of May/beginning of June. I'm excited at the possibilities..

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flip Key

The problem I found with FlipKey - though I rarely contradict msfuzz - you rarely see bad reviews because those agencies apparently know if things have not gone right with your stay and since they control your review.... Well, lets just say that the worst condo rental I had was argumentative about the entire FlipKey process and simply failed to provide the 'key' to review. The reviews go through them, this is supposed to provide some sort of verification that a reviewer actually stayed there - but without that contact or communication you cannot post a FlipKey review. For this reason I would not make a decision based on those reviews alone.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,965 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flip Key

You are not contradicting me LesRose, you are backing up basically what I said. I will go one step further and say I won't rent on those reviews alone also, I would use look for reviews from several different sources.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flip Key

OK - need to check and edit self - - TA rocks, and I meant to AGREE with msfuzz and not agree with post #1.

Kind of like on vrbo if owners post only glowing reviews - perfection is a myth.

Maui calls and it messes up my typing (brain fog) oy

7. Re: Flip Key

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 05:01