We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you flown on a 777 before?

CA
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Have you flown on a 777 before?

Hi all, the wife and kids and I are flying to Hawaii from SFO on a United 777. I don't believe I've ever flown on a 777 before it is huge. How is it? I booked the aisle and window in two rows.

chicago
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

action-I just flew on United 777 1 week ago.It was really big.We sat in economy plus which has more legroom and the seats went 2-5-2 across so thats 9 across(yea! I can add at 1 a.m.)I think it was the same in economy which was just a few rows back.First class looked pretty comfy though.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

The triple 7 is the newest wide bodied plane from Boeing, and is the most advanced plane there is. It is a great aircraft. Lots of overhead luggage space, and you should have a tv in the back of every seat for your tv viewing pleasure. I try to pick a flight on 777 whenever I can. Until the 787 is here, then I will want to fly those. lol.

CA
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

Cool, do the seat backs in economy plus have video screens? How much extra are those seats?

chicago
Level Contributor
460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

action-our travel agent said all seats would have these but I did not see them on any seat in the regular cabin(maybe 1st class?) but there were plenty of the traditional overhead screens and a big screen located in the front of the plane and it was easy to see.From now on I will ask for a flight on a 777.I was dreading this 9 hour flight but it really was not so bad with the extra legroom and extra xanax:). We paid for the upgrade at the airport because it was available it was 87.00extra goinmg to Maui and 99.00 extra returning home.The price was sooo worth it.I would try to book economy plus right off the bat next time because it is not always available at the airport and you could end up in regular economy we just got lucky and it was nowhere near a full plane but either way I would pay again.

CA
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

Felix -- We got rows 25 and 26 H and J. I was looking on seatguru.com for this plane and it says that these seats are in the economy plus section but they are economy seats. Does this mean they are not economy plus seats even though they are in the economy plus section and why would they be in the economy plus section if they aren't economy plus seats?

CA
Level Contributor
132 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

Hmm I'm thinking I got economy plus seats without paying for them what do you all think?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,444 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

"Hmm I'm thinking I got economy plus seats without paying for them what do you all think?"

Sorry but you have economy. If you put your cursor over your seat you will see a pop up that says economy. Move to row 24 and it says economy plus.

Looking at the picture it appears you have plus seats but I think the line is drawn wrong.

Anyway, you are going to Hawaii, lavatory seats would work for me to get there...lol

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

I joined UA's economy plus program this year because we knew we had enough flights planned to justify it. One person joins and their companion is free. It has been well worth the investment for us, what a difference the space makes now that we are how you say...mature...

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,222 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

There are different 777's.

There is the 777-200 US the the777-200 WW I. WW2, WW3 as you cn see on Seatguru.com seatguru.com/airlines/United_Airlines/United…

We have flown from L.A. to Oahu on a 777 and it is the 777-200 US. Those do not video screens on the back of the seats not even in First Class so don't count on them.

If you are traveling with a child or just want o watch a DVD to make the time pass faster buy a small DVD player that you can travel with . That is what we do.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you flown on a 777 before?

We flew United out of HNL two days after the big 2006 quake - they upgraded the plane from a 757 (I think- can't quite remember) to a 777 to try and accomodate all of the people who had been stranded by the airport shutdowns and cancelled flights.

It was packed to the gills with people and bagagge, but was VERY comfortable. Our group of 6 was seated in the first row behind the bulkheads, in a 3-5-3 configuration. The triple seats had one small screen in the bulkhead. The five center seats had a larger screen in their bulkhead and then for passengers in the rows behind us, there were aisle-way screens that came down.

The screen in front of us was maybe 10" across, so it wasn't that big. If I remember right, first class had their own screens. We were in economy plus and there were no individual screens.

(because I am a camera junkie, I have about 30+ photos of us on this plane in case anyone wants to see them)

Even with all of the people, the chaos and all of the bags, it was a GREAT flight. Really wonderful and comfortable. Definetly more room than on the 757 we took out.

Best Wishes!