We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Light Savings Time

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,434 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Day Light Savings Time

Just a reminder, it's now 3 hours from California to Hawaii. My husband is on his way to Kauai and I just realized that he will be landing in Lihue at 8:50 p.m. PDT instead of 7:50 p.m.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Light Savings Time

Our time doesn't change Martik. Ever. So if his ticket says 7:50, it will be 7:50 HERE.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,434 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Light Savings Time

I know Hawaii does not change; I just wanted to remind folks. I checked his ticket and his flight lands at 5:48 HST. I'm used to him being only 2 hours out on his business trips (we join him in June) but it seems Day Light Savings time was a lot earlier this year.

Edited: 12 March 2013, 10:46
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Light Savings Time

xoxo Martik Hawaii don't care about time. :)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
451 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Light Savings Time

So during daylight savings time HI is 6 hrs earlier than the east coast and during standard time it is only 5 hours earlier - do I have that correct? TIA

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Light Savings Time

Yes I think you do.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,275 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Light Savings Time

Aloha,

Yes.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,434 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Light Savings Time

He's there on business and he likes to say good night to the family every evening. Our trip in June is a different story.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Light Savings Time

It may never change there, but if you book with Hawaiian prior to a time change, but fly after it, you will get an email showing the original times booked have changed.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,520 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Light Savings Time

Yep, Hawai‘i does not mess around with time - it's always island time, lol! Arizona doesn't change time either, however the Navajo Reservation within Arizona does, but the Hopi Reservation which is surrounded by the Navajo Reservation does not.

3Chihuahuas

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Light Savings Time

I have some friends in Maui right now...cracked up when they posted" Hawaii is too busy enjoying the good life to mess with clocks". So true! Happy daylight savings to the rest of us!