We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights in Kona, Volcano, Hilo?

Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
How many nights in Kona, Volcano, Hilo?

From what I read, you should break up your trip and stay at different places during your stay on the island. We're planning on going to the big island in Sept. for about a week and then over to Kuaui for another week. Thinking of starting in Kona and making our way to Hilo through Volcano.

We like activities like snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, sight-seeing, etc. So suggstions for hotels, BBs are welome!

How many nights should we stay in Volcano to see the park or surrounding areas? Any other interesting things to see in that part of the island?

Is there more to see and do in Hilo than Kona that match our interests?

Thanks!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights in Kona, Volcano, Hilo?

Alha.......

Id spend 3 nights in Volcano and visit Hilo from there Because it has, in my opinion, better visitor services and a more tropical feel and it is well put to explore this islands #1 draw, the vOLCANO. I would pick the Kiluea Lodge or Volcano House

I would then spend 3 nights in Kona for the Water sports and snorkeling I wouls pick the Aston Outrigger or Sharaton

I would finish with 4 days in a resort to relax in Like Waikoloa where you can visit the North end Hawi, Waimea, The Beaches of Mauna Kea and Hapuna, and the Mountain Mauna Kea.

You will be tired at this point and the all-entertaining resorts like the Hilton and Marriot ot a condo like the Shores or Colony Villas........

HD