We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pedro Sula safety status

houston
1 post
San Pedro Sula safety status

What is the status considering safety in and around the airport? We are making a dash for the airport this morning at 5a hoping to catch the protesters asleep.

4 replies to this topic
La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
161 posts
117 reviews
1. Re: San Pedro Sula safety status

Hi Houston 74. Although you are obviously back home, others may be interested in your question. The situation at and around the San PEdro Sula airport is fine. Everything is back to normal, except for the fact that there is a curfew and you should not be out on the street before 5 am. I anticipate the curfew will end next Sunday, December 10th, so you are fine after that. As a general rule, the area is safe if you are in a taxi or driving your own car. You do not want to be left out on the main road and walk the mile or so from there to the airport!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
2. Re: San Pedro Sula safety status

December 18th, things are rough around the country, best not to travel much this week, only must do's. A lot of road closing here in San Pedro and I hear of other parts too.

sun prairie, wi
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: San Pedro Sula safety status

Any news here? I'm looking to send a package via FedEx, but wondering if it will get there?

Saratoga, California
Level Contributor
32 posts
377 reviews
4. Re: San Pedro Sula safety status

Any new info? We are flying in Dec 27...

Reply to: San Pedro Sula safety status
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro Sula