We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rafting Rio Cangrejal

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
rafting Rio Cangrejal

I will be in La Ceiba for two nights at the end of April and am interested in rafting the best rapids available on the river. I believe that means we should go further upriver.

Is that a good time to raft?

Any suggestions for tour operators or particular trips?

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: rafting Rio Cangrejal

Hi,

Are you staying in La Ceiba? If you can get yourself over to Banana Republic Guesthouse and Gallery (a backpackers hostal in La Ceiba) they can take you up to The Jungle River Lodge (also own by them) in this neat old millary truck (bumpy ride). They have White Water Rafting, great hikes and Zip Lines. My husband and I and our 7 year old went and had a great time. The lodge is right on the river.

Check out their website www.jungleriverlodge.com , I have also done a review here on Trip Advisor about Jungle River Lodge.

Not sure about the rapids this time a year but I'm sure you can email them.

Have a great time!

Cheers,

Starfish

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
2. Re: rafting Rio Cangrejal

Barefoot -

The folks at Omega Hungle Lodge are also great excursion operators. Either Omega or Jungle River can cover you on both the rafting and the Cuero and Salado trip if you want.

You will find Omega on line at http://www.omegatours.hn/start.htm

April weather is generally dry. The Cangrejal is sitll great for rafting its just the trips are a bit shorter than during the winter rainy season.

Enjoy Honduras!

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
3. Re: rafting Rio Cangrejal

Think you'll find Omega Tours much cleaner , way better food, and English speaking guides.

They have rooms of all types and a range of prices ,free with tour or you can up grade.

River was great!

Have Fun!

4. Re: rafting Rio Cangrejal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about La Ceiba