We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some help with planning/hotels

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
Need some help with planning/hotels

Hi there,

My boyfriend and I are arriving in La Ceiba on Feb. 16th at around 9:15pm. We need a cheap, but safe hotel to stay at that is fairly close to the ferry terminal as we will want to take it to Utila as soon as possible the next morning? Does anyone know what time the ferry leaves for Utila in the morning? How much is it per person and how long does it take? Thanks in advance..Jillian

La Ceiba, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some help with planning/hotels

Jillian -

If you found a hotel close to the port of La Ceiba you would not want to stay in it. Better a place that includes airport pickup and transport to the ferry the next morning as part of the package.

The Utila ferry departure is from the Port of La Ceiba which is about 10 minutes east of downtown. The scheduled departure time is 9:30 AM and its best to show up a 1/2 hour before departure, the cost is L. 300 ($15.88 US) per person one-way and its approximately a 1 hour trip.

Have fun!

Charlie Meador, Coco Pando, La Ceiba, Honduras

Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some help with planning/hotels

I don't have the ferry info for Utilla but i do know a great place to stay in La Ceiba. The place to me is cheap ( $ 85.00 or less tax and all )

ac, hot water, pool, cable, Resturant, & anything else you want. It is about a 10 min taxi ride from there to the ferry the front desk is more then happy to get one they know for you.

There is also personel there that speak english if needed.

The place is Hotel Monseratte. Sometimes it is hard to get there site up but it is www.corporationmonseratte.com. Nice place to stay very safe & a helpful staff and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!!!

Please let me know if you need any more info or if the web adress dosen't work I have a few web adresses # phone #'s for this place.

Also the only ferry info I know is the Galaxy 2 they are the ones that go to Roaton so maybe they go to Utilla or they would know who & it's about a $15.00 ride (US) when we go to Roaton so i'm sure it will be close to that.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some help with planning/hotels

Hi - - i just took the ferry to Utila last week. You can stay in town at La Quinta or the Hotel Paris for about $60. - - The taxi out to the dock is 50 Lempira per person (about $2.40) and it takes about 15 minutes. - - I'd suggest getting to the dock at least 45 minutes in advance. They take dollars or lempira but if you use dollars, they'll charge you $16. even.

4. Re: Need some help with planning/hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about La Ceiba
Recent Conversations
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor