We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental

I am looking for someone who can assist my wife while she will be in Xela. No English skill needed my wife speaks fluent Spanish.

Anyone who is local to the area that has good resources would be helpful. First priority is finding long term rental options 12 month lease, but also assisting with many other local tasks as my wife sets up her food business in the area.

Any help appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental

you may find some help on this site: xelapages.net/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2977

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental

Thanks, great resources found from that link, I have a good start. Still welcome other feedback.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
267 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental

You might want to shoot an email to the proprietor of Café Red (La Red Kat) in Xela. His name is Willy Barreno and he's a good guy. He may have some ideas.

Among other projects, he tries to connect returning migrants to jobs in the food industry. A lot of these people speak English very well and have worked in the food industry in the us, but may not be part of the normal economic "elite" and may not have the ability to start their own businesses for financial reasons or "connections".

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
64 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental

Awesome info, fits my wife perfectly. She is a native from Guatemala (another region so no local Xela contacts) speaks great English and will need contact like this as she launches her food booth business there.

Thank You.

Reply to: Assistant in Xela and Resources for long term rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quetzaltenango