We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile phones

england
Level Contributor
79 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile phones

Will European mobiles work in Costa Rica.

If so can I buy a sim at the airport

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile phones

If you look to the right on this page at "Top Questions" you will see a discussion there about cell phones that should answer your questions.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,025 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile phones

Yes, all "european" phones will work (as theybare all unlocked). Just be aware of the size of the size of the SIM card (regular or micro).

Kansas City
Level Contributor
315 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile phones

Which airport? When I flew into Liberia on a Saturday in June of this year I was not able to purchase a Sim card in the airport.

Where are you staying? The cards are pretty easy to find; most towns have at least one store that carries them. If the town where you are staying doesn't have them (as was the case in Playa Flamingo) then a nearby town will have them (found them in nearby Playa Potrero and Brasilito).

4. Re: Mobile phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 15:38