We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Tide/ Wildfires in Guanacaste area

ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Red Tide/ Wildfires in Guanacaste area

Hello to the TripAdvisor forum community.

I am in DESPERATE need of advice. I have a trip planned to Riu Guanacaste for APRIL 9 and I'm terrified the Red Tide and WIldfires are going to ruin my trip! Is there anyone there on the ground that can help me assess how bad it is there? HELP!

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Tide/ Wildfires in Guanacaste area

There are no wildfires at this time in the area. There is some red tide, but it is not the end of the world, it moves around, so people can swim in certain areas.

Weston, Connecticut
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Tide/ Wildfires in Guanacaste area

Please Help! My family and I are going to Playas Del Coco April 14 to the 21. We heard about the red tide and and are very worried! Can someone please advise us about the red tide in that area?

Edited: 08 April 2012, 04:51
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Tide/ Wildfires in Guanacaste area

Red tides change all the time. It could be there today and gone tomorrow so really, what is happening now has nothing to do with what the conditions will be in a week. It all depends on temperature, currents, rainfall and things like this.

If you arrive and there is a red tide there, it's not the end of the world because there are some beautiful beaches nearby that you could visit.

4. Re: Red Tide/ Wildfires in Guanacaste area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:17