We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

I just got back on a weeklong trip to Costa Rica and had an AMAZING experience with Wild Rider. They provided us with a really nice, clean SUV that was able to go all over Costa Rica. Jose and Thorsten were so nice and helpful, even when we had a few speedbumps in our "check-out" process. They provided us with a map, tips on how to get around, what to do in case of a cop-encounter/ticketing, a car accident, how to drive on less than perfectly paved roads. They gave us safety tips and were just all around a huge pleasure to rent from. We gave their car back, had a pleasant farewell, and were on our way! Their rates just might be the lowest in Costa Rica too. With a GPS, an automatic SUV, two drivers, and insurance..the cost was well-under $500!! The only thing is, when leaving the deposit make sure your credit card has RAISED NUMBERS!! The new TD Bank cards are totally flat and they can't make a proper copy of the card..many places in Costa Rica can't accept cards like this so just a heads up.

Otherwise, Wild Rider - THANKS FOR THE AMAZING EXPERIENCE!! I highly HIGHLY recommend this company! (One last thing, Jose was so nice - additionally he gave us a bunch of contact numbers for a variety of needs/emergencies. He also gave us his own number to call 24/7. Luckily we didn't need to, but it was nice to feel taken care of! Wild Rider is GREAT!)

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
191 reviews
1. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

Great to hear about good experiences witha rental car company! I've not heard of this company so I hope others will post their experiences too! :-)

Wendy at the Villa Hermosa, La Fortuna, CR

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,951 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

Thank you for let us know...in your case you were lucky dealing with a mom and pop rent a car most of the time...is not a good experience at all...

roadadvisor

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,181 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

We have used them for 2 weeks in 2008 and have already booked with them for 3 weeks this August. They delivered what they promised. On their website there are some links to bike trip reports that speaks highly positive about them.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

I agree!!!

I was very impressed with the service I had; we rented a small 4x4 for 9 days in Feb-11 and had no issues, and was given great advice before setting off on our holiday.

Also, there was good communications with Wild Rider prior to booking and everything went smoothly.

Recommended,

Jon

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

I wonder if the op enjoyed anything else in cr besides the car?

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
50 posts
6. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

I recommended them very often, so glad to read your post!!!!

Thank you so much

Marion

Zurich, Switzerland
1 post
7. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

I just can totally agree with the first post! We were having quite a hard time to find the proper car for a 4 week trip this july in CR. Luckily we did choose Wild Riders in the end. Marvelous service and care, got plenty of information and tips for the route and weather conditions and the car was in top notch shape. Had no incidents, but we could have called for help and advise anytime.

There aren't any hidden costs and they'll straight tell you about what you'll get. Fast and kind reply on the inquiry made it easy to work with them! Dont be frightened about the fact that it IS a small company...but that's also a reason why you will really be taken care of!

I recommend them to all my friends visiting CR and hopefully will book a car from Wild Riders again in some time :)

Michael and Giuli

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,951 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

I love all the first posters...in love with this company...that is good...and as a cliche...they are already planning a trip...and guess who they are going to rent the car from!

roadadvisor

Uvita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
9. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

A couple of our guests rented from Wild Rider and only had good things to say. One of them had a problem with the car a they got it sorted very fast within a couple of hours (the time to drive a new one from San Jose) they had a replacement in Uvita de Osa. I was very impresed for such a small company!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19,181 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: Rent your Car from Wild Rider!!

Not really in love with Wild Rider, but surely I like their vehicles. just returned a Toyota RAV4 after 3 weeks and more then 1800 km driven all over the country, and the vehicle delivered it perfectly. With over 120.000 km on the tacho not even the polizia will pay any attention to it, and not even one hiccup from it. The procedure of receiving and giving back the vehicle was fast and efficient and that was the onlt time I need any assistance from them. The price was the same as on WR first offer. Next time if not driving my friend's real 4x4 then I will return to Wild Rider again.