We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio to Dominical

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
170 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Manuel Antonio to Dominical

Hi all,

Staying in M.A as part of a longer trip and hoping to do a day trip to Dominical for some surfing considering renting a car vs taxi vs private transfer. Car rental seems to be the most economical. So a few questions:

Any idea of the cost of a taxi each way? Are there taxis readily available in Dominical for the way back?

If we choose to drive it looks like it's all paved highway ? Anything I should be aware of about this drive? How long of a drive is it? I've read anything between 25 mins to an hour!

Thanks!

Teresa

Ollie's Point Surf Camp - Day Trips
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Witch s Rock Surf Camp
Conchal Hotel
5 replies to this topic
Canada
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Antonio to Dominical

It is a 45 minute drive. I would rent a SUV and explore the area a bit... Check out some beaches and waterfalls.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
170 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Antonio to Dominical

Thanks Canatico. Is the road there paved highway? Ie/do we really need an SUV if our plan is to surf and grab lunch?

Canada
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Antonio to Dominical

It is a flat straight highway. No, the SuV suggestion was for waterfalls and some of the restaurants in the hills above. In town you are fine with a regular car.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manuel Antonio to Dominical

The main HWY is totally paved beautiful easy driving road. The road from the main HWY to the beach ..although very short ride has big pot holes. You could just maneuver around if driving slow.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
170 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manuel Antonio to Dominical

Thanks these responses have been helpful. Anyone have an idea of the cost/availability of taxis?

Reply to: Manuel Antonio to Dominical
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted