We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Rica or Guadeloupe

Gb
Level Contributor
3 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Costa Rica or Guadeloupe

For the last two years my wife and I along with my cousin and her husband have rented an apartment in the Caribbean for three weeks in February. It makes a welcome escape from the British winter. Last year we went to Antigua and the year before that Barbados. We are all retired (>65) and like eating well, generally lazing around by the pool or on the beach and doing a bit of sightseeing.

We are now planning our next years holiday and fancy going somewhere with a different language/culture. At the moment we can't make up our minds between Costa Rica and Guadeloupe.

Is there anyone out there with experience of both places who can help?

Rgds Ian

3 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,212 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Rica or Guadeloupe

From what you describe, I don't think Costa Rica is a good fit. It's not a "relax by the beach and pool" type of place.

Edited: 16 May 2018, 03:27
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,842 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Rica or Guadeloupe

Nope, you don't visit Costa Rica for same reasons as you visit Caribbeans. To find something different, and to avoid the almost French only culture, try Grenada. Nice beaches, nice people, and some good rain forest which is difficult to see on Barbados.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,171 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Rica or Guadeloupe

Agree with the 2 previous replies. While I totally understand lazing around, etc.LOL, you might be happier in Aruba or some other place like that.

Reply to: Costa Rica or Guadeloupe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted