We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bringing vitamins question

Holly Springs...
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
Bringing vitamins question

Anyone had any issues bringing in their vitamins for their trip? We do not have the space to bring all of the bottles. Normally we would put them in a daily pill contraption. However, would it be better to maybe put each in it's own Ziploc bag and label the bag as to what it is? I could take pictures of the bottles and have on my phone to show if needed. Think we would run into any issues? We are bringing prescriptions in their individual bottles along with a doctor's letter to be on the safe side.

6 replies to this topic
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,647 posts
266 reviews
1. Re: Bringing vitamins question

We've never had a problem bringing them, but we keep them in their original container.

Holly Springs...
Level Contributor
75 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Bringing vitamins question

We take about 6 each every day so that many bottles would take up a ton of space.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
744 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Bringing vitamins question

Before moving here my husband put his vitamins into bags and labelled them. He had no problems. One year we had an entire suitcase full of vitamins in containers for a friend. We were stopped and had to open the suitcase. That was the only time we were questioned.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,717 posts
116 reviews
4. Re: Bringing vitamins question

No probblem bringing vitamins ...at least try to get ne container for each kind of pill...but I never heard of any body expereincing any problem...and trust me I flew in and out a Costa Rica a lot as aflight attendant and airline employee...

roadadvisor

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Bringing vitamins question

For my convenience I put the stays worth of prescription meds mixed in a single prescription bottle. 10 of these, 10 of those, etc. Never had a problem. Never gave it a thought travelling anywhere for that matter. Next trip I'll probably get "burned".

Southeastern...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6. Re: Bringing vitamins question

I routinely put my daily vitamins and prescription drugs in ziploc bags with no label other than that one set is for AM and the other for PM. I've been doing this for years and never had a problem (never to CR, though), although it has occurred to me from time to time that one day someone's going to find them and ask. (I keep them in my carry-on bag in case my luggage gets lost).

Reply to: Bringing vitamins question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted