We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hunting Caye

Montreal
Level Contributor
51 posts
79 reviews
Hunting Caye

Hi,

I am trying to decide how to spend the first 4 days or our 2 1/2 week vacation in Belize, and am very much interested in the description of Hunting Caye. I understand that the jumping off point would be Punta Gorda and that Hickatee Cottages offers this tour.

Is it worth the trip all the way down south to do snorkelling and beach combing there?

My plan B would be to go to Hopkins/Hamanasi and take one of their tours, but I wonder if it is not more crowded.

Thanks to anyone who has been to these two locations and can comment on the snorkel/caye tours. I am really looking for water activities for this part of the trip & we will also hit Ambergris later. (we are travelling with two kids so the travel distance might be something to consider)

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Hunting Caye

Toledo district is our least visited with immense cultural diversity, great mainland trips included Mayan sites, caves, zip lines, waterfalls, river trips, chocolate and spice farms and great snorkelling. Well worth seriously considering Hunting Caye and Hickatee. Wonderful to see both great worlds of Belize

Punta Negra
Level Contributor
53 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Hunting Caye

You can also stay overnight on Hunting Caye. University of Belize has rooms to rent there. Very basic (you may or may not have electricity) but could be an adventure with the right age kids. You would likely be the only tourists there unless there happen to be a group of students from UB. Gwen Jacobs has a little restaurant there does great meals for a very reasonable price. You can check with Victor Jacobs about staying on Hunting Caye if you are interested. His # is 501-602-4546.

3. Re: Hunting Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Punta Gorda