We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

I'm looking for a place to stay in Placencia for 3 or 4 nights next April and I came across Captain Jak's Cabanas and Marina but I've only been able to locate one review (which was positive).

Has anyone stayed there? It's on the lagoon side but since we've never been to Placencia I don't know if that's a drawback or not but the 2-bedroom cottages are exactly what I'm looking for (traveling with our teen daughter) and the price seems extremely reasonable but I would love some more feedback other than the one review I found.

The other places I'm looking at are the Maine Stay Cabana (Seine Bight Village) and the Village Inn Cabanas.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

captain jak's is very nice, they have new owners, on the lagoon side, they have a great dock for relaxing. village inn cabanas is a little bit farther north of the village, but also nice, on the ocean..

Maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

Thanks, would you recommend one over the other?

Austin, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

Yes I am very familar with Captain Jak's I just returned from Placencia and enjoyed my stay there. The lagoon side is wonderful if you do any water activities they can pick you up at the dock. The beach is a 2 minute walk and if you would like to see the entire village they have an observation deck that is fabulous. The grounds are immaculate and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The beauty to staying in the village is that you can walk everywhere and if you want to explore the Pennisula you can rent a car for a day right in the Village. I would recommend that you contact the owners Erin & Lucky Ivy directly. They can give you all the information that you need to make your stay wonderful. captainjaks.erinivy@gmail.com or theluckyerin22@yahoo.com

Have a great trip

Carrie Dugger

Austin, Texas

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

they're both great, captain jaks is closer to town, but makes it easier to go the stores, etc.

5. Re: Is anyone familiar with Captain Jak's Cabanas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Placencia
Recent Conversations