We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour guise Belize

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Tour guise Belize

We're thinking of going to Belize and using/hiring Travel Pioneers to be the guide. Any experience or reviews on them? Cancellation policy?

I am not sure we'd get in a car and drive to the excursions (but I am more adventurous than the rest of my family). We are bringing 2 teens with us.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,715 posts
331 reviews
1. Re: Tour guise Belize

Most of us don't pay someone to plan our trip for us. Belize has a strong internet presence and it's relatively simple to plan your own trip. How many nights? Budget per night? Specific interests? Tell us more and we can help you better.

If you're not willing to put your own trip together I would at least make arrangements with someone from Belize who specializes in that country. Katie Valk and Mary Toy are 2 who spring to mind.

https://www.belize-trips.com/

http://www.destinationsbelize.com/

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Tour guise Belize

we were thinking of using Travel Pioneers... I do not see reviews on them

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
45 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Tour guise Belize

I always find very convenient to contact tour operators - Trip Advisor San Ignacio, and contact them via email, you provide them with the number of guests, ages and an idea of your family's interests and they can arrange your itinerary (no charge), you approve &/make changes, some will even consider your rental car for the tours or even better, give you great prices for your family's private tour group.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,715 posts
331 reviews
4. Re: Tour guise Belize

I don't know Travel Pioneers and would not consider using an agency with no reviews, especially when it's based outside of Belize and deals with lots of countries. It's your trip so you're welcome to use them if you feel it's worth the risks. Good luck!

Reply to: Tour guise Belize
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted