We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking our excursions.... need to narrow down

chicago
Level Contributor
52 posts
29 reviews
25 helpful votes
Picking our excursions.... need to narrow down

Hi!

While I’d love to see everything, I have four days and a budget for this area. I’m thinking my two big excursions are Tikal and ATM. I’m staying at black rock lodge so I figure the rest of the time we can’t hike, canoe, tube, etc.

Given I won’t be back to Belize for a while after this.... am I really going to regret not seeing something else? From what I’ve read the above are must sees.

We’re an active couple in our late 30’s.

Any thoughts?

3 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
14,289 posts
330 reviews
267 helpful votes
1. Re: Picking our excursions.... need to narrow down

I think Tikal is worth an overnight so you can explore the jungle and the Maya site during the cooler evening and early morning hours when wildlife is active and you practically have the place to yourselves. If that's not possible - and given you don't know if you'll be back - I'd do the day trip. ATM is a highlight for many, another great choice. Consider the Belize Zoo coming or going and the Green Iguana Project. Happy trails!

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
10,416 posts
2. Re: Picking our excursions.... need to narrow down

If you want to see another Maya site, go to Xunantunich -- on horses, if you want.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,720 posts
14 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Picking our excursions.... need to narrow down

Grt hiking, birding and river canoeing or tubing by BRL. Nice choice.

Reply to: Picking our excursions.... need to narrow down
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted