We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
27 posts
DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

I have read such great things about DuPlooys but see it may be under new ownership (or maybe just rebranded). Has anyone stayed there recently? How is the all inclusive meal plan? We are weighing a stay there over its neighboring property Chaa Creek. We are a group of 3 adults and 3 kids. Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

CC and DuPlooys are both grt lodges, but provide different level of services and still do. CC costs more and you get much more. If price is not an issue, book CC for now

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
331 reviews
2. Re: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

Friends and I stayed at duPlooy's just under 2 years ago and loved it. The place sold to new owners a month or 2 ago and time will tell how different it will become. The original owner is still on the property managing the gorgeous 40 acre Botanical Garden and it has amazing configurations for families or (as in our case) groups of friends. We stayed in the Macal House, a perfect set up. We did the full package with meals and really enjoyed it; you could ask about staff change - hopefully they made the transition with all the lovely people we enjoyed still working there. I would personally choose it again, even with the changes and unknowns.

Our other favorite place in the area is the jungle camp at Chaa Creek. Have a great trip, whatever you decide!

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
27 posts
3. Re: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

Thank you, that is so helpful! I notice that Sweet Songs states that access to hiking trails comes with the full package. Does that mean you cannot walk around the property unless you book the full package? It seemed pretty expensive so we were considering doing just the meals.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
331 reviews
4. Re: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

You'd have to email them and ask - I can't answer because we had the full package and also because of the change in management.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,572 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

The Botanic Gardens and lodge are two different properties. The former owner does not live on the lodge property. CC has hiking trails on property. SS does not,

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,707 posts
331 reviews
6. Re: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?

It's my understanding the former owner lives on the Botanic Garden property; if you contact them about access to the Botanic Garden and the wonderful hiking trails there with or without the full plan, kitamaria, please let us know.

Reply to: DuPlooys is now "Sweet Songs" - any difference?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted