We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advise please

salisbury, md
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Topic
Need advise please

Me and my husband will be visiting Belize in November 2017.

We will be arriving in Belize Phillip goldson airport.

From their we will be going to San Ignacio for 4 full days , few questions I have if some one can help

1, From airport to San Ignacio we want to get their by bus as transfer is expensive, once we get to San Ignacio how can we get to our hotel which is rainforest haven inn.

They give me a generic direction as they are 10 min away from the bus stop and has neon flags on their hotel, really ??? So please can some one help me with it as where to get off from bus and how to get their.

2, As I cannot swim we would not want to do water sports , so we are interested in hiking and want to go to Tikal as day trip , the tour agencies are very high in price any one knows a private guide , so we can have this in a reasonable prices, also would like to see cave if they are big enough as my husband is claustrophobic.

Any advise .

3, any other suggestions as what else we can do while we are their.

4, should we stay 4 nights in San Ignacio or 3 night their and 1 in Belize city, if so what would be worth visiting????.

Thank so much in advance for the answers

Parveen

5 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advise please

1, It looks like the Inn is in town, so it's a short taxi ride from where the bus stops to the Inn. The bus will make a stop in town, and taxis should be waiting near the bus -- taxi fare is about BZ$6 or $7.

Do you have any questions about going from the airport to the bus terminal in Belize City?

3, "any other suggestions": zip-lining, Belize Zoo. Visit the Cayo Welcome Centre for tourist information -- maybe they can help to find a private guide.

4, I would not stay any nights in Belize City -- not a lot to see or do there. If you want some ideas for things to see: the Belize Museum, House of Culture, St. John's Church, the Swing Bridge.

salisbury, md
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advise please

thank you so much for the reply.

yes i do want to know how to get to belize city from airport to catch bus.

also want to know , our flight is at 1pm so will wehave enough time to get to airpot, trying to get first to belize city, then to get to airport, i guess i am trying to know if we have enough time .

thank you again

Parveen

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,923 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advise please

There are no public buses from Philip S. W. Goldson International Airport (PGIA).

A taxi to the bus terminal in Belize City costs BZ$50.00 (or US$25) per taxi (not per passenger), and takes 15 to 25 minutes depending on traffic.

At the bus terminal, buses to San Ignacio leave every 30 minutes. Note: the bus displays the final destination of BENQUE on the front of the bus.

With an early start from San Ignacio, you can reach the airport in time for your flight. If travelling by bus, I'd probably leave around 7 am. The bus arrives at the bus terminal in BC. Taxis wait outside the terminal -- get one and ask the driver to do a quick trip around Belize City if you want. The fare to the airport is BZ$50.

Airlines request passengers to check-in 3 hours before departure time.

If you use a transfer service, you can leave SI between 8 & 9 am, and go directly to the airport.

Another idea is to spend your final night at the Belize Zoo Jungle Lodge -- check their website for details.

salisbury, md
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advise please

Thank you so much this really help a lot .

Please if any you have any info of private guide lemme know

Thank you again

Parveen

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advise please

Tours are expensive in Belize but a private guide is likely to be MORE expensive since you'll have him/her to yourself instead of sharing in a group with others. There are lots of cave options but we can choose for you not knowing how serious is your husband's claustrophobia. Do you have a guidebook? Even an older edition from a library would give you historical and cultural background and suggested itineraries that might help you decide. God luck!

Reply to: Need advise please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Ignacio
Recent Conversations