We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
80 posts
48 reviews
Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

Hi Everyone-

I'll be traveling to San Ignacio in a couple weeks and would really like to do the Tikal Overnight. Based on everything I read on the forums and the reviews, it seems that Pacz and Max Adventure are the two that are most highly rated. There's about a $100USD difference between the two tours and, from what I can tell, the only difference is that Pacz leaves earlier and offers 3 tours of the ruins (afternoon, sunset and sunrise) whereas Max Adventure leaves later and offers two (sunset and sunrise).

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts, opinion, advice if they've taken the tour with either company or if two tours of the ruin or more than enough. Many thanks!

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

I don't know the answer but what's the cost on them? Very interested.

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
662 posts
89 reviews
2. Re: Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

The price difference may depend on where you intend to spend overnight in Guatemala. Are you staying at Tikal, if so, there are wide ranges of prices at the 3 lodges. Inquire for more specifics on lodging.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

Max Adventure is a smaller tour company (family) compared to Pacz tours but both offer good service.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
80 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

Thanks everyone!

5. Re: Tikal Overnight: Pacz versus Max Adventure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 14:17