We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Tour Question - August 2017

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
ATM Tour Question - August 2017

My husband and I are considering going on the ATM tour. We will only have 2 nights in the jungle and I was looking at staying at Sleeping Giant Lodge for 2 nights. I know this is farther away from the ATM so does it mean I am limited to using the lodge for the tour?

If I wanted to do the ATM tour would you suggest staying somewhere closer to San Ignacio? If so, I'm looking to stay at a place ideally under 250 a night (total - not per person) that is nice and is a jungle lodge. I want to be able to see animals and hear the sounds of the jungle when I go to sleep. Would I need a car to try to get a better deal for the ATM tour that booking through a lodge?

Thanks for your help!

MayaWalk Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Caverns & Caves, Archaeology Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Eco Tours
St Leonard's Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
78 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM Tour Question - August 2017

We just stayed at Duplooy's and you can't get more jungle experience than there in my opinion. There is a ton of wildlife right there on their deck, and the Botanical Garden is within walking distance. We were actually really surprised at how loud the jungle sounds were and the amazing bird sounds that served as our alarm clock! It's very pretty there. Pacz Tours came out and picked us up at the resort and took us to ATM. The resort could book it for you but it's more expensive. I HIGHLY recommend Duplooy's Jungle Lodge. Their Bungalows are great. We loved our porch and hammock.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,397 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM Tour Question - August 2017

I had a great experience at duPlooy's last fall with a group of friends. Years ago our family stayed at Macal River Camp and loved that, too. I can't help with the Sleeping Giant part. Happy trails!

www.duplooys.com

https:/…belize-on-a-budget-casitas

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,243 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM Tour Question - August 2017

Two nights? Stay right at Pooks Hill, the lodge closest to ATM and a delight in its own right.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM Tour Question - August 2017

Thanks for the suggestions! I think we are going to stay at Pooks Hill, it looks like a place where I will be able to get the experience of staying in the jungle and we will be able to do the ATM tour from there. I wish we had more time in the jungle, but the focus of our trip this time around is diving.

Reply to: ATM Tour Question - August 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted