We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary

Hello,

I will be in Belize next Feb/March and have the following as my itinerary:

4 nights - San Ignacio

3 nights - Caye Caulker

4 nights - San Pedro

I then spend 1 night either side in Miami (have to because of flights from the UK)

I just wondered whether I should have included Placenia on my itinerary? And whether that is a better destination than Caye Caulker / San Pedro to spend time? At the moment I am happy with the itinerary as there seems like loads to do and a lot of snorkelling etc .

Any tips welcome

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
San Ignacio
San Ignacio
Cayo, Belize
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,502 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
3 replies to this topic
Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary

To describe how busy/touristy Placencia is, I'd say it's about halfway between AC and CC, so I don't think you really need to go to Placencia. It has a great beach, but it's farther from the reef.

It's a long drive, but that's not necessarly a negative because part of it is quite scenic.

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary

We are currently visiting Belize, spent 4 days Placencia and now in San Pedro/Caye Caulker for next 5 days.

Skip Placencia. Ghost town. Extremely quiet, not much to do, and the beach shores are littered with trash and seaweed. Could not get in the water 1 time because of the neglect/natural sea plants.

Only plus: if looking to invest in properties, def worth visit due to low cost/ no capital gain... and is right now in a transition to become a huge resort destination in next 10 yrs.

Mentioned in this post
Placencia
Placencia
Stann Creek, Belize
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Caye Caulker
Caye Caulker
2,502 Reviews
Caye Caulker, Belize
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
13,361 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary

Here’s a link from an old forum thread I like with good descriptions of beachy options in Belize - maybe it will help:

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Reply to: Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Caye Caulker