We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
162 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

Planning a trip to Belize early April... Wife and I are newly certed open-water Scuba, and anxious to do some diving. Would like a turtle grass-free beach for the kids, and decent dining nearby.

Looked at a couple of the TA "highly rated" places, and noticed what appear to be pretty-obvious self-reviews. Looking for a more honest take, if anyone can help....thanks!

1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

Grand Caribe!!! The have some free days when you book a week and golf carts included!!! Just got back last Saturday and had a wonderful time. Staff was very helpful!!!

12. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 00:05
13. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

14. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

RP8133 I would say you are close on time, likely 15 min to Grand Caribe on a good day and slightly longer if the roads are bad. The good news is the roads have been very smooth lately.

0tt0d0g you are right it is relatively near town 1.5 miles north. Your kids will love the beach and the pool, consider packing a few floaty toys for the kids or you can help support the local economy and easily find some cool ones reasonably priced when you get here.

Great snorkeling in that area and GC has 2 kayaks available for guest use. Just be careful of boat traffic.

Canouan
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

I agree Grand Caribe is a great place for children. The units are nice and large with a great kitchen and excellent views. The pool is amazing! I have a 7 yr old and sometimes we go up to GC on a Sunday to enjoy the pool and Cowboy Dougs grill. I do recommend getting a golf cart at least for one day and driving around.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

Also laundry option in condos at GC is handy with kids.

Edited: 19 March 2012, 23:30
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,849 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

We stopped in at the pool bar at Grand Caribe a couple of weeks ago. Planned on lunch and a beer(s). No bottle beer, yes, they had draft, but, I don't like it.....And the lunch menu was priced in US dollars. Pet peeve of mine. The prices which looked good at first glance, became pretty pricy after that.

We kept on walking.....Had excellent pulled pork at Palapa Bar.

19. Re: Rental or Resort for Couple with young kids (7 &9)?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:17