We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
10 helpful votes
Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

There seems to be many tour operators offering the day trip to CC with the snorkeling stops. They vary quite a bit in pricing. Looking for recommendations. We are two adults with two young kids so don't care about drinking rum on the boat.

I've been looking at:

Lady Leslie (which they had a price for kids)

Catamaran Belize (looks like they don't really sail)

Searious (cheap but not a catamaran)

Island Dreams (expensive considering we won't be drinking)

11 replies to this topic
San Pedro, Belize
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,840 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

Check Island dreams tours and Yolo is the boat or and Seaduced by Belize, Seduction. They both have nice catamaran's Yolo is a motorized cat. Serina Azul sailboat also a fun one to do Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley on, they may do a CC trip and are based out of Blue Tang Hotel.

Edited: 14 November 2018, 01:01
Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
21 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

There are a lot of small operators that can more easily accomadate you, we have used them almost exclusively over the last 10 years with great success.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

I loved my Island Dreams tour (we are doing it again in January) but if you're not really interested in drinks then a cheaper operator may be your best bet.

I did love how the guide broke us into smaller groups and really told us about the fish we were seeing which I haven't experienced snorkeling anywhere else in Mexico/Caribbean areas.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
46 helpful votes
4. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

We are in a similar boat (lol) with 2 kids and light drinkers, and ended up booking Lady Leslie...based on reviews, response/communication, a bigger boat. Some reviews mention an ecologically sensitive approach as well, which is important to me.

I'll report back in another week+ as to how it went!

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

We may be there at the same time; we are going Nov. 20-28. What date did you book Lady Leslie for? How old are your kids? I have two daughters ages 8 and 10. I'll let you know if we end up booking with Lady Leslie.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

Good to know, Gridguy, thanks!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
46 helpful votes
7. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

We are in San Pedro from 11/19-11/24. Cayo before then.

We booked 11/23 with Lady Leslie.

My gang includes my 3 boys...age 5, 11 and 45. lol. I'd love if my kids had other kids to snorkel with -- I think they'll be pretty tired of the parents by then. Keep me posted as to who you book with!

P.S. Martin said that I only needed to bring snorkel gear for my little guy, so I assume he has gear that will fit your children. But ask if you don't plan to pack your own.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
10 helpful votes
8. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

travelingurl, we'll be on the Lady Leslie trip with you! My kids will be so happy to have other kids to hangout with. And we adults can hangout and not drink together...:(

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
46 helpful votes
9. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

Tlroos, wonderful! Sorry about the delayed response...we've been in the jungle the past few days. My kids will love the company and I can't promise no drinks, but I won't be booze cruising. Too afraid to lose a kid to the water (or that one might wake full of energy early the next morning). Enjoy your week! See you Friday (?).

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
23 helpful votes
10. Re: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?

We went with “Ambergris Divers”. It is a 2-3 hr tour all snorkeling and travel. Not a party/rum boat. Only 8 of us with a guide who is in the water with you pointing things out.

They spent time making sure your gear was fitted properly before the boat left the dock.

Was a great experience.

Reply to: Favorite tour for Caye Caulker day w/Hol Chan & Shark Ray?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted