We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sno park

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
sno park

I'm looking for a sno park to take grand-girls, 10 and 11 for Presidents Holiday. Is anyone familiar with the Sno Park at Yuba Gap? We would stay in one of the cabins. If you know anything better, please advise. Thanks TA'ers! Oh, yea, we are coming from Half Moon Bay and are hoping to be away from the Ski crowds a bit. We also plan to go Sat - Tues. to avoid the hwy 80 parade on Fr and Sun.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: sno park

Hi,

did you like Yuba gap and the cabins?

We just reserved a chalet (we are a family of 5-they won't let us reserve a cabin because of the fire code). I can't cancel now but was wondering if you could let us know of your experience. Our kids are young (6,3 and 1).

Thanks,

B.DE

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: sno park

Hmmmmm - Don't think I would return, but having said that, it did have it's good points. Feel fortunate you could not stay in cabin - TINY, TINY,TINY!!!! Horrible, small sofa bed in LR with a small dropleaf table and 2 folding chairs. We could not open the refrigerator when the sofa bed was down. My graddaughter chose the floor over the bad sofa bed with springs poking her. On the other hand our bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed tubing in the area behind the cabins - nobody else there and very safe. The actual sno-park was scary for us. People standing at the bottom of the hill and no real plan or organization. The girls didn't even attempt to sled there. They did enjoy the recreation room for foosball, pool and air hockey. We drove to Boomtown and passed other sno-parks that would have been better, I'm sure. But we did have fun - the chalet may be a much better experience.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: sno park

Thanks. I will post about chalets after we get back. Their web-site seemed better than others--so for a first timer--it looks great. will keep your advice in mind.

Barna

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: sno park

Hi,

Sorry to bother you again--another quick question:

We basically want to make snowman and throw snowballs.Do you think they had enough open space for that--or was that part scary too? Was it not safe?

Thanks,

Barna

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: sno park

We built a couple of great snowmen behind our cabin - as I said this area was quiet and calm. I never did figure out where the chalet and hostel buildings were. Tons of snow - was not easy to get "the lay of the land". You'll have fun, I'm sure.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: sno park

Thanks.:)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
203 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: sno park

Barna D,

Did you go - How was it?

8. Re: sno park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Auburn