We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September ride closures at Disneyland

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
September ride closures at Disneyland

DH and I have planned a Las Vegas / California trip. We hoped to go to Disneyland for 2 days, September 10 & 11. I know it's early but what are the predicted ride closures during that time?

I know the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is down til October. My concerns are the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. Are they usually closed at this time for the Halloween decor to be installed? Will there be others this week?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September ride closures at Disneyland

Yes, both Haunted Mansion as well as Space Mountain should be closed during that time. The Haunted Mansion usually closes sometimes before Labor Day Weekend, and Space Mountain the full week before Halloweentime starts. Both of course to get thier Halloween overlay, and dont open till the starting date of Halloweentime.

Although no official date for Halloweentime has been announced, that event usually has a more set date of the second Friday of September. And some of the unofficial Disneyland blog sites are reporting already that that will be the starting date for this year, Sept 13, 2013.

Heres the regular list for refurbishments always subject to change periodically which is usually shown on this page.

…disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domest…

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September ride closures at Disneyland

Ok, that's kinda what I figured. Thanks for the link. :) I think we will explore our options.

3. Re: September ride closures at Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 15:17