We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Level Contributor
287 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

We are tentatively planning a trip back to DL this Fall. Does anyone know how I might find out the event schedule at the convention center or wherever else might bring in crowds? Trying to avoid them at all costs!! TIA

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

OK, Disney hosts Halloween Time which brings in crowds, last year, they held special parties (seperate ticket) on Tuesdays and Fridays, which shortens the regular park hours.

Columbus Day Weekend is a popular Holiday weekend that makes the parks very busy (October 11-14 in 2013)

Halloween tends to be busier than normal (October 31st)

Here is a link to the Anaheim Convention Center Event Calendar.

anaheimconventioncenter.com/eventCalendar.as…

Doesn't look like any major events in October, I would say the Auto Show would be the biggest, but that is mainly locals that will drive to the Convention Center for the day, and not impact the parks.

Hope that helps.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Along with the link mentioned, I also use the Calendar for the Hotels some of which does not show up on the Anaheim Covention Center website.

They are listing Gay Days for Oct 4-6 and 30,000 visitors, so thats going to bring in some crowds to Disneyland as well.

anaheimoc.org/convention-calendar/m/2013-10/…

You can also look at the Mouseplanet.com website which has a good blog on Disneyland each week, and lists what may be going on. They also show past months even years, so you can see what may be going on in specific months.

www.mouseplanet.com/search.php?type=c&cid=dl

You can also check websites like "Is it packed" which forcasts what the Park may be like, however, they usually dont show info that far out, so you may have to wait a few months. Keep in mind that all programs like that are somewhat flawed in that there are too many variables to be taken into account as dates and crowds can differ from year to year, which makes it hard for it to be an exact science.

isitpacked.com/disneyland-crowd-forecast-pre…

You can also look at something like Touring plans which is the same type of crowd forcaster website. The usually show predictions for free a few months before a date, for example, right now they are showing dates in April and May.

touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/crowd-cal…

You can also alot of times tell by what prices some of the hotels are charging for certain times of the year what may be going on that may make it busier, however, since most of that data would revolve around Conventions ect, those may or may not impact crowds at Disneyland. For example, the Fairfield Inn... close to Disneyland, gives a "my dates are flexible" box you can check when looking for dates, so you can see what prices may be in certain months.

If you want it relatively uncrowded, the last week in Oct usually has the lower crowds from what info I have seen.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

One more event that I just though of is the CHOC Walk to raise money for the local Children's Hospital. The date has not been officially announced, but based on prior years, I would say Sunday, October 20th. This does impact the park in things like opening hour and Early Entry (Magic Morning). Also many of the walkers will stay and enjoy the park, either since they have an AP or they got a free ticket for raising enough money for the Hospital.

Level Contributor
287 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Thanks, all, for the useful information!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

The official date, just announced, for the CHOC Walk is Sunday, October 13th, 2013. So the same weekend as Columbus Day holiday weekend.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Hi there,

Just a quick question about Columbus Day weekend (11th-14th). Does it remain busy for the whole week after Columbus Day (ie: 14th- 18th Oct)? I'm wanting to go either Tuesday 15th October or Wednesday 16th October and since we only have one day at Disneyland, I want to make sure I don't pick a busier day than normal.

Thanks in advance from Australia,

PP

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Popcornpaws,

Oct 14-18 should be a regularly more busy time as for Oct the Mickey's Halloween Party nites are all throughout Oct making that month busier that it has been in past years. And there would be a few in that week, likely to be on the same nights as last year. Heres more info on the Party nites from last years info in case you havent seen that info

wdwinfo.com/disneyland/Events/halloween.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Oh thank you Happytotrip!! So handy to know that. So we would have to leave by 6pm if our visit falls on the nights of Mickeys Halloween party- or earlier? When do they release the dates for this (or is it the same dates every year?). By looking at it, the Wednesday 16th October might be best for us if its the same dates as last year....

Thanks again :)

PP

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Usually closing time on Party nights is 6 or 7pm depending on which days the Party is on.

Usually Party nights have been on Tues and Fridays with some Mondays, so likely they will continue that pattern. No info is out yet for this years Mickey's Halloween Party yet or Halloweentime, but info should be out sometime this month usually. Someone usually posts that info here, or the official Disneyland blog site

…go.com/blog/category/disneyland-resort/

Edited: 14 May 2013, 11:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
628 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October 2013 events (crowd prediction) question

Thanks again- can I be a pain and ask one more question?! Sorry!

If I was to buy the Mickey Halloween tickets, can I go over to Disney California Adventure, or will it only allow me to go into Disneyland (from about 3pm- assuming it is in the Disneyland park this year)?

Thanks again,

PP