We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Well, we have been promised some, including some Disney Managed ones at Anaheim GardenWalk (still waiting financing) and the new 4 star that is supposed to be built at the south east corner of Harbor and Katella (also delayed finance issued), but here is one that is self-financed, so should happen on time.

The franchise owners of the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel (aka HoJo's Anaheim) owns the land across the street from the current Hotel, including where Mimi's Cafe is located (the least the land to the restaurant), and it is not part of the new plans.

But the empty land by the Fairfield Inn and Quality Inn & Suites (currently overflow parking for HoJo's) will be the location of a new property that is scheduled to open in 2014 (all the permits have been issued). I have been told they are planning larger rooms than HoJo's, and a larger Water Feature play area. The franchise owner is currently looking for a Hotel company, such as Marriott, InterContiential, Wyndham, and others, to become the "brand" of the property.

But it looks like it should be a great addition to the area, for those TA folks that like to plan in advance, is something to keep in mind.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,226 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Good news Darkbeer. I suggest watching for an introductory rate. Sometimes you can get good deals for the "soft opening" of a hotel. I was the first guest in a room at "The Hotel" in Las Vegas years ago. There was still a little construction dust and it smelled like sawdust but the rate was fantastic and the accommodations were outstanding.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,435 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Interesting news, thanks.

Level Contributor
34,986 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Good to know! We had so much fun in Disneyland this past Wed.! Then drove to Laguna for 3 nights. :)

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

South-east corner of Harbor and Katella? Isn't that the location of Zabby's Motel? I liked that little place. I guess that is progress for you.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Yes, it is where the Zaby's is currently located.

Here is a recent News article with artwork of what would replace Zaby's and the empty lot.

ocregister.com/articles/hotel-359554-develop…

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Thanks for the information Darkbeer. It's a beautiful building but I love the older motels in the area. I know so many of them are past their prime, but the memories of happy times from long ago--if only the walls could talk.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

>>Well, we have been promised some, including some Disney Managed ones at Anaheim GardenWalk (still waiting financing) and the new 4 star that is supposed to be built

Great to know. Thanks a lot for sharing that info with us. Just curious if you call a three star, upscale, what is a four star ? upscaler and then is a Five star upscalest ?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Five Star and many 4's are called Luxury/Superior in the Travel Industry....

Upscale is better than average, so a Full Service Hotel with Room Service, Bell Persons, Valet, etc...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_rating

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Oh my. I've never thought of a 3 star as upscale. I always think of those as average. You know, the middle star between 1 & 5 . I must pay closer attention if a 3 star is upscale, it appears I'm passing on some upscale properties.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A new Hotel is coming to the Disneyland Resort area in 2014

Alas, with all the different groups that rate accommodations, what is truly a specific star/diamond rating?

Do you need a golf course, a marble bathroom vanity, or some of the other weird things that make or break a specific rating....

So the current term for a Full Service Hotel with some sort of "plus" is upscale.