We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Capacity?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
12 posts
Save Topic
Disneyland Capacity?

I've been searching to find daily attendance numbers for Disneyland. For instance, how many park visitors entered last Saturday Feb.25th? Does anyone know what is the maximum number allowed in the park?

Thanks!

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

not sure, but whatever it is, its a pretty high number cause ive been there when it seems like the whole country is there.

in my memory, disneyland has only sold out about twice or so in the past 10 years. It was during one week and it made the news here cause it was pretty rare.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Twin Falls
Level Contributor
768 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

Family, according to Doug's Disneyland page, the Disney Corporation does not post daily attendance figures, and the maximum capacity is about 85,000 people, in addition to 10,000 cast members when running at 100% functioning attractions. It boggles the mind... nearly 100,000 people within 60 acres! Doug says that the maximum has usually only been reached on New Years Eve or New Years Day, not during the summer. Can't imagine how long the lines are on days like THAT...

Best regards,

Pug

Washington
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

Wow! 85,000 thank you, how interesting.

Thanks again!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

Here are the numbers that Al Lutz posted in his latest article...

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al022806a.htm

About 60,000 went to Disneyland, and 25,000 went to DCA on the 25th.

(Disclosure: I do provide content and photos to MiceAge. I am not here to promote the website though, just the fact that it addressed the Original question).

As for Capacity, it changes every day. There is a formula that takes into consideration what attractions are closed or at reduced capacity, plus open areas that are closed due to repairs and/or construction. Disney tracks attendance through the turnstiles, and is one reason why you are required to exit thru a turnstile when you leave, except at park closing.

It can get as high as over 80,000, and is about the number they expect that can take in at Disneyland on the week of March 10th, which is expected to be very busy with many major sports events in the area, plus the start of Spring Break.

DCA can hold about 30,000.

Also, no matter what the number is that is calculated by Disneyland staff and the Anaheim Fire Marshall, if the Fire Marshall feels the park is too crowded for safety, he can order the gates closed to all until enough people leave the park.

Washington
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

Thank you Darkbeer! We were there amongst the crowd of 60,000 I'm surprised the fire marshall didn't qualify this number as capacity. It was difficult to move in the crowd let alone attempt a ride. Luckily we weren't pushing a stroller. I could not even fathom another 20,000 in the park. We also visited Monday and Wednesday and what a treat, no line ups or crowds.

Are Saturdays this busy due to the Fireworks? I didn't expect this kind of crowd in February low season. The holiday Monday was the long weekend prior, the park wasn't full of cheerleaders or Nascar fans either. We are not even on Spring Break yet!

Thank you again for the info!

Washington
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

I got it, I think it's the 2fer. What the heck is the 2fer? A special promotion on certain days?

This is the first I've ever heard of the 2fer!

Thanks! Sorry I'm such a pain!

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

The 2fer is a special they run every year in the slow season. It's a 2 day ticket for the price of a regular ticket. One day must be used at DL and one day at CA.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

The 2fer, also known as the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" is a local promotion, designed for Southern California residents, plus those living in Baja California, Mexico. Basically you get a day at each park for the normal one day price.

Also, DCA was hosting a major Cheerleader competition in the Hyperion Theater.

Spring Valley, CA
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

Disneyland was at capacity New Year's Day 2004- we were there, never have I seen such a sea of humanity in Orleans Square! I shoulda took photos.Were afraid if we hopped parks we wouldnt be allowed back in.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland Capacity?

About four years ago, we were turned away two days - once at 12:30, and once at 11:00am - between Christmas and New Year's. And on another day that week, a radio station was saying the gates were closed around mid-day. They weren't reporting it as an extraordinary occurrence, just advising people.