We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas decorations in November.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
192 reviews
Christmas decorations in November.

I'll start my own post now that I have more questions, and trying to make the heading one that others can use in a search.

I said in another post that we'd maybe come for November 4-7th in 2019, but it seems that will be too early for the decorations. We can alter plans easily enough a fair bit out of travel time, but still need to know when the decorations will be up.

If it tends to be around the 10th November, then we would travel in the week beginning Monday the 11th instead. I'm trying to plan our Disney days first- we would like to see a bit of LA this time, but can work around that either before or after Disney.

The Christmas decorations are our absolute priority. If this is our last trip, it's what we would most like to see, and like everyone, the smaller the crowd can be, the better for us. Hence considering the first weekdays of the decorations going up.

If I know when to expect, I can work on finding flights that fit in either side.

Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,653 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

Just so it doesn't get lost in the larger post:

November 2019

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4,988 posts
207 reviews
2. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

Nov 9th according to the Disneyland website.

https:/…

They tend to go up pretty quickly. The other thing to consider is any holiday overlays they have for some of the rides which they close temporarily to install the overlay. It can change year on year so look at the website for closures but I would think they’d be ready by the 9th.

All the best.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,753 posts
94 reviews
3. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

If you want the Christmas Decor etc, ..I would suggest you do just that. Alter your plans to starting Nov 11th, or 12th may be better since Nov 11th is Veterans day, and Schools will be out of session.

Edited: 19 October 2018, 00:49
Chinchilla...
Level Contributor
418 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

I love going that time the park is not crowded great to wander around and not be busy I just love the park decorated for christmas time it is beautiful its what Disneyland is about its just magical I too will be going next year probably my last time as well so make the most of it xxxx

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
192 reviews
5. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

I said this in another post, and will put it here. When I was a kid (1960's) I had as much hope of getting to Disneyland as getting to the moon. Now, travel is easier and much more affordable, and I've been privileged to have been to around 7 countries, including a few more than once.

I've had 3 days, then 9 days, and next year hope for 4 days at DL and DCA. That's 16 days more than I ever imagined as an 8yo. So, while it's sad if I don't go again after next year, I'm absolutely stoked that I've been at all!

Perhaps we'll run into each other, Paula!

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

Bring Dr. Blake with you!

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
192 reviews
7. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

Hmm, you mean, Mrs Blake, don't you? Have you seen the controversy about it all? I'll PM you.

Chinchilla...
Level Contributor
418 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Christmas decorations in November.

i just love it I went last time at the end days of Halloween so I got the best of both worlds the park decorated for Halloween then the next day Christmas it is so beautiful I will do that again next year im a nut I go for 12 days on my own im 53 hubby has parkinsons so that's my break away from him lol I do what I want when I want eat when I want etc and to be honest I prefer on my own I went 4 yrs ago that time I had wanted last year and this year couldnt get there as money was tight so hook or crook I am going picked out my hotel I noticed from brissy the virgin flights got real cheap like $1000 odd return about july aug sept so I will book hotel about feb do my own insurance get my 10 day Disneyland pass myself and book my own flights by myself I cant wit lol

Reply to: Christmas decorations in November.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted