We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Flyer DC to IAD--how is it?

Which Washington DC hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC Area
Level Contributor
289 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Washington Flyer DC to IAD--how is it?

I'm helping a friend get around the area and they're going to dulles. I'm very familiar with the 5A express bus to Dulles but I am thinking the Washington Flyer West Falls church option is best since they're homebase is georgetown. Any thoughts?

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Washington Flyer DC to IAD--how is it?

Not sure how the homebase being georgtown matters....otherwise, I like the express bus - cheaper, quicker - less metro hassles...

Washington, DC
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Washington Flyer DC to IAD--how is it?

Either way, they'll have to get to Rosslyn to catch the 5A or the Orange Line to WFC. Check the timetables to see which mode gets you to IAD faster - particularly what time the buses leave Rosslyn or WFC.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,126 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Washington Flyer DC to IAD--how is it?

Another vote for the Washington Flyer bus. Recently, they got new buses--cleaner and more comfortable.

4. Re: Washington Flyer DC to IAD--how is it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 20:21