We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days at Olympic, Mt. Rainier or near Mt. St. Helens?

Sykesville, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
3 days at Olympic, Mt. Rainier or near Mt. St. Helens?

Hi, I know this is a highly subjective question but please bear with me! I have three days on the back side of a (July) Alaska cruise to see the greater Seattle natural wonders. I looking for some short answers to sway me to or from Olympic, Mt. Rainier or Mt. St. Helens. I have been to many NP's from Acaidia to the Rockies to the Southwest so I'm looking for something unique to the Northwest. But not fog!! Mt. St. Helens appeals to me because of its infamy. Any takers for this question? Thank you in advance. PS. I'll be alone and somewhat broke from my cruise so I can go for rustic cabin lodging (with a real bed if you please)!

Renton, WA
Level Contributor
3,521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days at Olympic, Mt. Rainier or near Mt. St. Helens?

Rainier is a day trip from Seattle. If you want to stay overnight there is lodging at Paradise and outside of the park at Ashford. Mt. St. Helens is a long day trip, with no lodging that I can recall. Forget about Olympic Natiional Park. It is too huge for you to get much out of it in such a short time. You could tie Rainier and the volcano into one trip, staying somewhere on I-5 around Toledo or Castle Rock and driving up in the morning.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 07:48
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
8,302 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days at Olympic, Mt. Rainier or near Mt. St. Helens?

I beg to differ. Three days is just enough time to get an idea of what Olympic National Park has to offer.

Edited: 06 April 2012, 08:43
3. Re: 3 days at Olympic, Mt. Rainier or near Mt. St. Helens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 09:17