We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions from a solo traveler!

13 posts
Questions from a solo traveler!

Hi all!

I'm going to be traveling to Seattle late next month for a family event. The original plan was for us all to fly into the airport around the same time on Thursday, but now I think I want to fly in a day or two early and explore the city! I've been wanting to take my first solo trip for a while, and this seems like a safe bet since I'll only be alone a few days before my family arrives.

1.) Any places you think I should definitely check out while I'm there? I've been to Seattle before and saw the Space Needle and SAM, so I would rather not repeat those. For context, I'm happy anywhere with good drinks and live music.

2.) I love seafood. Any casual restaurants with awesome seafood and a bar I can sit at?

3.) I'll be there on a Wednesday night. What bars or areas would be most fun on a Wednesday? I want to explore during the day and be able to unwind a little a night. If you know a place that tends to attract more solo travelers, that would be perfect!

4.) I would also love to get out and do some light hiking or take in the beautiful PNW scenery, but I won't have a car. Is there any public transit that could help with this?

Sunnyvale...
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Questions from a solo traveler!

For 4, check Discovery Park. It has some nice trails and you can take a bus to reach there. You might also want to see if Ballard Locks is something that interests you, again buses can be taken to reach there.

2. Re: Questions from a solo traveler!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2018, 14:18