We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights Bryce canyon, September

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights Bryce canyon, September

Hi,

I'm sort of planning a U.S. roadtrip this autumn. I haven't been to Bryce Canyon since I was a kid, so I really want to see it again with my good lady. We are in good shape, and like long walks. Just wonder where it's best to stay, and where it's best to start for a full day walk in Bryce?

Thanks for any replies!

Kind regards from Christopher.

Mentioned in this post
3-Day National Parks Tour from Las...
119 Reviews
from USD 511.00*
Special Offer
3-Day National Parks Camping Tour...
94 Reviews
from USD 598.49*
USD 629.99
3-Day Tour: Sedona, Monument Valley...
21 Reviews
from USD 529.00*
8 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
17,575 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

The first choice would be to stay at the lodge inside the park. The second choice would be at the Best Western Ruby's Inn complex near the park entrance.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
10,298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

The hiking area is the main amphitheater with a bunch of view points then trails into the canyon then out.

You can go into then out of from sunset or you can enter at another point then exit elsewhere. There are park buses between the view points so you can do a one wTpy hike then back to the car.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,855 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

Follow Connie’s advice for preferred lodging. Follow my advice and book it RIGHT NOW. This is the time to take it from ‘sort of planning’ to ‘definitely booking’, if you want to do a Utah Trip this September.

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
South Carolina
Level Contributor
8 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

We just got back from a Grand Circle tour this week and stayed in Tropic at Bryce Canyon Inn. Staying in the NP lodge is fine - we had breakfast there one morning and enjoyed it but it was too early in the season for the evening ranger program and so not much to do in the evenings except read. (Internet connection is not very good there.) Not a lot to do in Tropic either - but nice new pizza restaurant was good, Internet was good and motel was interesting (log cabins), very clean and very friendly. Recommend it as a more local alternative to the BW.

Mentioned in this post
Bryce Canyon Inn
Bryce Canyon Inn
1,487 Reviews
Tropic, UT
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
63,855 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

At Bryce, nothing trumps location. For that the park Lodge is superior. Ruby’s is a clear second best by far.

Mentioned in this post
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

Thank you for Your helpful replies! Greatly appreciated!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,966 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

A couple of the longer loops are Fairyland Loop and The Figure Eight. Both will be close to about 13 KM and go through some very nice scenery. Fairyland will likely have less people overall, as the Figure Eight incorporates the heavily trafficked Queens Garden and Navajo Trails along with Peek-A-Boo Loop.

Mentioned in this post
Fairyland Loop
Fairyland Loop
271 Reviews
Bryce Canyon National Park, UT
Peek-A-Boo Loop
Peek-A-Boo Loop
401 Reviews
LA
Level Contributor
11,016 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September

I concur the Bryce Canyon Lodge is really ideally situated and their dining room has wonderful food. (I do still dream about that elk chili). I don't know if they would still be doing their best menus in September.

Rubys mega-tourism complex is fine and the rooms in the Best Western hotel are spacious and comfortable.

Mentioned in this post
Bryce Canyon Lodge
Bryce Canyon Lodge
1,485 Reviews
Reply to: 2 nights Bryce canyon, September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted