We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

Hi we are going to drive from NJ to IL and will be traveling on I-80 . In PA, I-80 has no eating or gas facilities, but there are convenient places- drive off drive back on- to eat ( MC D's etc) on many of the exits. Can you tell me how it is on I-80 across Ohio ( and Indiana if you are familiar with that)?

Thanks

Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
590 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

The Ohio Turnpike has very nice service plazas and you really have no reason to ever get off the turnpike if you don't want to. Gas prices may be a little higher than if you got off at an exit but the hassle of getting off the turnpike and then get back on probably makes paying the turnpike's gas prices worth it.

Here is a link to all of the Ohio service plazas and what they offer...

www.ohioturnpike.org/travelers/service-plazas

2. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 July 2013, 11:53
Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

That's a great link. At a quick glance it appears to be upscale eateries (no Wendy's , MCd or BK's) but good food and convenient.How much is gas going for in Ohio?

Thanks so much .

Edited: 27 July 2013, 11:50
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

Price varies greatly across Ohio, and even from town to town... I filled the other day for $3.4999/gallon.

Regarding your earlier question, are there any specific types of food you like? There are some good Italian places in the Youngstown, OH area

If you like wings, you will be just south of the original Quaker Steak and Lube in Sharron, PA.

Both those areas are on I-80, east of where it becomes the Turnpike, so you may enter and exit the highway without worrying about tolls...

The turnpike link has all the info for reststops once I-80 becomes the turnpike... Have a great trip!

5. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 05:03
6. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 08:53
Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

Thanks so much. The Ohio LInk is very informative ( provided Restaurant info and gas prices in different exit areas.

Do you happen to know if WI-FI is available at the Service Areas on the OH or IN Rte 80 Stops - If not, are there Mc Donalds and/or Starbucks close to the Exits on The Turnpike ?

Thanks

Edited: 03 August 2013, 08:54
Brooklyn, Ohio
Level Contributor
590 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

I'm pretty sure that they do have wifi but couldn't find out for sure doing a quick search. You could try asking them that question here...

ohioturnpike.org/about-us/…

or calling...

CONTACT US BY PHONE

Ohio Turnpike Administration Building

(440) 234-2081 or 1-88-TURNPIKE (1-888-876-7453)

9. Re: Traveling across Ohio on I-80 - East To West - Restaurtant Q

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 16:19