We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimdu Apartments

Melville
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wimdu Apartments

Does anyone have any reviews or knows whether these places are reputable? The prices seem fair but I've seen some responses from other Wimdu rentals around the world and they say to stay clear. Help.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,239 Reviews
from USD 89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from USD 175.00*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,085 Reviews
from USD 109.95*
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimdu Apartments

Where are they located? Why didn't you include a website link?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,787 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimdu Apartments

Without knowing anything about this particular company, I can tell you that apartment rentals in NYC of less than 30 days are generally illegal, and should be avoided.

Melville
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimdu Apartments

http://www.wimdu.com/offers/search#!/city:Manhattan,%20New%20York,%20NY,%20USA/checkin_date:06/30/2012/checkout_date:07/07/2012/guests:4/lat:40.7808809/lng:-73.9771425/distance:12/bounds:40.882214,-73.9069999,40.6795479,-74.0472849/

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimdu Apartments

Reread response 2 and go to the NYC (sub)forum and read the many threads and the Top Question thread on the subject of short term apartment rentals in New York City

Bristol, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wimdu Apartments

I recently went to Hong Kong and rented an apartment through Wimdu. The apartment was ok, very basic. We were travelling with a young baby so I requested extra blankets so that I can make a bed for her. Also the apartment was very cold but the host wasnt able to provide any extra blankets, saying that she has given enough for 4 people. We ended up buying extra blankets ourselves as it was too cold for our baby. She charged us for cleaning, but did not come round to clean at all for the 2 weeks we were there. The day we got back home, someone from Wimdu asked me how it was, so I told her exactly how it went. She told me to write feedback on the website, so few days later when I was about to write my feedback, I found out that the person from Wimdu has done it on my behalf. She wrote an excellent review about my stay and how I loved the apartment and how helpful the host was. I emailed Wimdu to ask them why this was the case. The girl wrote back and said that was what I said on the phone. I emailed back and ask her to delete it and wanted an apology, I never heard anything back from her. I emailed same message to the website support team, never heard anything back.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING WIMDU AT ALL. ALL THEIR REVIEWS ARE MADE UP TO MAKE THEM SOUND GOOD. THEY CHARGE A LOT FOR BOOKING THROUGH THEM.

6. Re: Wimdu Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2012, 07:45
Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Wimdu Apartments

Speaking on behalf of Wimdu:

We have been made aware of this particular incident and want to sincerely apologize for the situation mentioned above by hell0kitty123.

The review has been deleted as there was indeed a misunderstanding here. Real feedback is the most important source of our improvement and is therefore of particular interest for us.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,202 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wimdu Apartments

I've just gotta have that 3-bedroom, 2-bath place (with a "private terrace") in Greenwich Village that you're offering. And for only $217 a night, who can resist?

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wimdu Apartments

I am a wimdu host who recently removed my properties from their site. After an e-mail marathon, Wimdu still hasn't made payment transfers regarding 2 reservations. It's only around USD1,000 in total.

I also e-mailed wimdu 3 days ago to tell them i made the decision to cancel all the existing reservations. They haven't got back to me yet. And they didn't inform the guests to look for new places to stay yet.

This is very unprofessional and inefficient.

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wimdu Apartments

Hi

I am a host in Mumbai, I just had a booking through Wimdu and my guest has left the town 13 days back. Generally a confirmation email is sent after guest check in. But we were not sent the confirmation email to begin with & now its more than 13 days we still haven't received the payment.

I have several times contacted WIMDU, but all they reply is that they have sent the payment on 19th April & that I should check with my bank. But it's a LIE!! because if the money was sent I should have received the email. I checked with the bank but no money has been sent to my account.

Also WIMDU is not even sending me the details of the transaction id, reference no. & the amount of the payment sent ( if they have sent). And now they even have stopped answering my mails. (It's so shameful)

I really DO NOT recommend using Wimdu, as other Apartment renting websites are working much better than these cheap ones.