We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

a friend of a friend recommended this site to me a month ago, I booked with them in the hope that I can enjoy NYC this coming week, their Customer service seems to be so responsive and friendly but upon reading all the reviews here, I am alarmed a little bit!!!!!!!

Has anyone here really stayed with their apartments? how was it??

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from USD 175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,113 reviews
from USD 199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
998 reviews
from USD 83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,387 reviews
from USD 36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,854 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

Apartment rentals in NYC of under 30 days are illegal.

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

thank you for your swift reply, such a rockstar! you from Brooklyn? maybe you can give me tips on how to roam around, and tips too, will appreciate it alot!!!

this is what I saw on the net open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S4263-2011 as I was really worried and I think the apartment I booked falls under the legal vacation rentals, I really hope so!!!

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

not really familiar with USA laws but this kind of issue is so alarming, I just want to save money as hotels are freeeaaakin expensive, I can't sleep thinking about my trip :)) is true that the new law was pushed by the hotel industry?? according to this it can be, frommers.com/articles/6912.html#ixzz1cJ8Wlk2Z i hope someone who stayed from one of newyorkstay.com's apartments will answer me too :((

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,854 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

No, it was not pushed by he hotel industry, it was pushed by residents who were being forced out of their homes by the illegal rentals and illegal hotels.

We cannot give any advice about a specific rental without knowing where it is. Virtually all will be illegal, so I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

It has been weeks that I havent been here, I think I owe this review to NewYorkStay, they have been very nice and accommodating before, during and after my stay, always checking if I have the right resources for my travel and I had the greatest week in NYC!! The apartment I rented was awesome, it was noisy, but I think all of BIG APPLE is but the location was great, very close to the subway, one subway stop from Manhattan right on Bedford Ave. We stayed in Brooklyn but is no worries as I love how hippie Williamsburg is!

I think there are some issues about legalities but all good! We DID get a visit from the cops, but not because we are renting the place illegaly, they are just checking if everything is great and asked who our landlord is, the property manager is Paul, ever accommodating! Well the cops asked to see our Guest Rental Agreement, I showed it to them, they took a picture of it and I have nothing against it, as I am really happy with my apartment as it was nice, clean and very spacious. In the end everything worked out well and I really reccommend NewYorkStay's part as a second party service, they should also put up a travel consultanct company as their Customer Service is outstanding! Thanks again NYstay!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,854 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

So the police came to check on your illegal rental, which means there's a good chance the place is going to be shut down (they don't take pictures of "guest rental agreements" for fun, you know), but you're recommending that other people stay there too? I'm glad the police are involved, and sorry that you felt you had the right to participate in an illegal scheme that hurts residents in order to save a few bucks, and I hope and am glad the place will be shut down soon so no one else gets hurt by people like Paul and you.

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

Hurt?? I do not know what you are talking about but as far I am concerned, I rented the apartment legally as everything is in papers, and even the cops agree that we have a nice flat!!! We stayed in Big apple harmoniously and enjoying every bite of it, I am no hero like you talking about how you can save the residents, neither do I intend to hurt anyone, just a plain world wanderer baby!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,133 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

Marge, does your care giver know you're out in the other room posting on the Internet?

Edinburgh, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

I don't have one at the moment so position is vacant, you're always welcome to apply.

10. Re: anyone knows www.newyorkstay.com for real?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2012, 21:15