We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Dubai
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Has anyone booked an apartment using feelnyc.com

I'm paranoid of getting scammed but need a place to stay for a week 29th November to 6th December in the Lower East side

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,288 Reviews
from USD 89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from USD 175.00*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
554 Reviews
from USD 34.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,871 posts
1. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

You should be paranoid. Come read the FAQ in the New York City forum on why this is a bad idea.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
2. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Hi just wondering if you did end up booking through them and what the experience was like as I am thinking of booking through them also

Lancaster...
1 post
3. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

I had rented short-term through Bridgestreet Accommodations in the past; nicer than a hotel and actually cheaper. If they had someone who left earlier than expected and had a couple of days open in one of their long-term rentals, they would rent the place for a day or two. However, one time I learned that apparently you cannot rent short-term like that in NYC, because the doorman gave us a hard time. I thought it was the apt. building where I was staying; however, I later called Bridgestreet again about a place and was told that in NYC, they don't rent short-term like that. I think NYC has a policy that the min. rental is 30 days.

Fortunately that time when I was told I couldn't do it, the apt. was nice enough to allow us to stay that weekend. I think they felt sorry for us.

I have a suggestion. If you don't want to be in Manhattan, it would be cheaper to stay across the river in Jersey. You can take the PATH over and easily get a subway from there.

Paris, France
5 posts
4. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Do not use the services of this agency. This online agency is in Barcelona. These are just middlemen. They took $ 411 for it. They make you believe they put you in touch with owners, this is not true, it is with an agency. I rented them an apartment in Manhattan. Their partner is out there 44nyc agency located in 42th street. The apartment was dirty, rusty bathtub with a door not closing properly, unlivable because above a restaurant as a night club. We leave with my wife and three children. They reproach us and say that it is a breach of contract. They never tried to relocate us. The agency there refuses to reimburse us and Feelnyc don't assume anything which proves that it is an intermediate ineffective and unprofessional.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 05:32
Paris, France
5 posts
5. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Do not use the services of this agency. This online agency is in Barcelona. These are just middlemen. They took $ 411 for it. They make you believe they put you in touch with owners, this is not true, it is with an agency. I rented them an apartment in Manhattan. Their partner is out there 42nyc agency located in 42th street. The apartment was dirty, rusty bathtub with a door not closing properly, unlivable because above a restaurant as a night club. We leave with my wife and three children. They reproach us and say that it is a breach of contract. They never tried to relocate us. The agency there refuses to reimburse us and Feelnyc don't assume anything which proves that it is an intermediate ineffective and unprofessional.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 05:33
Barcelona
Level Contributor
44 posts
6. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

We feel under the obligation of replying to this post as it omits essential information to understand the case.

1. Titius left his apartment in the morning not informing anyone, until after paying for a hotel room.

2. no complaints on the cleanliness of the apartment were placed during the time he did spend in the apartment or even with the agency's staff during check in.

3. he didin't pay the apartment before checking in.

4. his complaints were out of the agencies' control: street noise, a restaurant, or the stairwell's unexisting beauty.

Titius accepted the Terms and Conditions and didn't allow his host to fix the problems or searching for alternative accomodation.

Therefore, this is incorrect and biased information.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,871 posts
7. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Are you really going to defend your lawbreaking, FeelApart? Are you still renting apartments illegally in NYC?

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
8. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Hi DVMelb Did you end up booking through Feel NYC??

Edited: 20 June 2011, 09:07
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
9. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

Why do you care??

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
10. Re: Feel NYC short term apartment rental

I was looking at booking an apartmant through FeelNYC and I dont want to get ripped off so I just want feedback with if they are legitamate?? and reliable

Thanks