We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer

Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer

I'm hoping to pre-arrange for transportation for 5 people (one needing extra room because of a knee injury) from LGA to a hotel in the south Central Park area. Any suggestions for a clean, reasonably priced option (will consider black car or limo service possibly)?

Edited: 16 May 2018, 03:55
Mentioned in this post
LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Airport
East Elmhurst, NY
Central Park
Central Park
114,365 Reviews
New York City, NY
4 replies to this topic
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
18,106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer

Your only legal choice for a pre-booked ride directly to your hotel is a car service.

(The shuttle services have a poor reputation and you'll have no control over where you are on their pick up / drop off schedule.)

Comparison price Dial 7 or Carmel (or the app services which are regulated as car services here)

P.S. This is the NY State forum, not the New York City forum.

Mentioned in this post
Carmel
Carmel
New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer

Thank you! And sorry for the wrong post location.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15,831 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer

We have used Dial 7 for many years and always found them to be reliable. However, 5 people means a larger vehicle which are usually SUVs, which may not work for someone with a knee injury. If that person needs a vehicle that is easy to get in an out then explain that to the person you make arrangements with - you may need a limousine that is low rather than an SUV requiring a large step up. They will resolve this for you - I know since I used them when I had an injured knee that would not bend properly.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer

The knee injury person will have endured plane travel. Cars are rarely as bad as that. I would just go to dial7.com and book the appropriately sized vehicle for your group and luggage. They make it very clear the person plus luggage capacity of each vehicle. Pick the right one and be honest about luggage. Not claiming small carry-on bags is okay but larger and especially rolling bags should be counted.

Reply to: Help finding clean, reasonably priced, pre-arranged transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted