We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are American girls nice?

Amsterdam, The...
2 posts
Save Topic
Are American girls nice?

Hi, my name is Guy, 19 y.o. and I'm from The Netherlands. When I wanna go to the United States on vacation, I even had it for a time that I wanna have a beautiful American girlfriend from 18-21 y.o. The question is: Are they nice? so yes, Where can I meet them or where do I have to go when I wanna do that? (Just like singles activities, meeting or events, I don't know...) Any tips or any idea? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from USD 175.00*
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,187 Reviews
from USD 89.99*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,000 Reviews
from USD 109.95*
3 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,649 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are American girls nice?

In general, American women don’t want to be your girlfriend just because you want a beautiful American girlfriend. They want to be the girlfriend of someone who is interested in them as a person. I’d suggest practicing treating women as people at home before you come to America. And once you know how to treat women as people, maybe you’ll happen to meet a woman in America who interests you and who is interested in you, too.

Best of luck

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are American girls nice?

How are you defining "nice?" In general, American girls are not at all like European girls.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,024 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are American girls nice?

Vacations are short. You don't have time to get an American Girlfriend. That type of instant, whirlwind romance might be common in the movies but it's very uncommon in real life, especially for under 21's (where you don't get to partake of the singles bar scene).

If you devote time and effort into thinking this will happen, you are setting yourself up for failure. Plan your trip knowing that you will primarily be on your own (or with your family). Enjoy that. Don't aspire for it to be anything else. You can plan some group walking tours to have some variety with the people you get to know but don't expect any of them to turn into friendships that last into other activities or to turn into romances.

Reply to: Are American girls nice?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted