My husband and I will be in NYC for four nights with our 11 year old and our 8 year old. I lived in NYC many years ago, but this is our first trip with the kids. I'm trying to narrow down our restaurants and make sure there are no activities we missed. We are coming from L.A., so we don't need to go to places like Shake Shack and Eataly. My kids will eat almost any cuisine (Asian, Mediterranean, seafood, steak, etc.), although they don't like things they view as weird (foam, brains, etc.) Budget is flexible but would prefer a mix - not all high end or low end, and I prefer places that are less stuffy and that will be more "fun" for the kids. We will be staying in Midtown but are happy to travel.
- Lunch in midtown - Any ideas? I'm tempted to make a reservation at Serendipity so we can have frozen hot chocolate without a wait, but I don't want to waste a chance for a good meal.
- More time in Midtown in the afternoon.
- Dinner, possibly in Little Italy. Any ideas for decent Italian food? I know there are much better Italian restaurants, but I think Little Italy would be a fun destination for the kids.
- Central Park (zoo etc.) in the morning
- Museum of Natural History in the afternoon
- Looking for a decent restaurant near Times Square - are there any? Again, open on cuisine
- Lion King tickets at 7pm
- (what to do before heading to the Lower East Side? I'd say the High Line, but it's in the wrong direction, the Intrepid might push us too late for us to make Katz's and the Tenement Museum, not sure what to do until about 11 am)
- Katz's Deli for lunch
- Lower East Side Tenement Museum tickets purchased for 1:30
- Late afternoon with family
- Dinner - Looking for an idea - maybe in the Village or Soho, again because I'd like to explore those neighborhoods with the kids
- Lunch will be on the go
- Dinner with family arranged
Thank you in advance for any ideas!