We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK Terminal/Transfer

Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Topic
JFK Terminal/Transfer

Hi, I am travelling next week from Detroit to NewYork to Paris to Bangalore India.DTW-JFK-CDG-BLR.At JFK I have to go to Terminal 1 from terminal 4. Do I need to recheck in terminal 1, or is there a airside train at JFK from terminal 4 to 1. TIA.

Mentioned in this post
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from USD 175.00*
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,187 Reviews
from USD 89.99*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,000 Reviews
from USD 109.95*
4 replies to this topic
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
19,509 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK Terminal/Transfer

There is a (free within the airport) Airtrain outside of security for changing terminals https:/…jfk-airtrain-brochure-english.pdf

Whether or not you need to check in again and transfer your luggage will depend on what kind of ticket(s) you have.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17,396 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK Terminal/Transfer

JFK does NOT have airside transfers except for a limited number between the 2 Delta terminals (not yours) so you will have to take the Airtrain to the next terminal and go through security again. If your luggage will be checked through or if you have to pick it up and recheck it only your airline can tell you (we don;t know what tickets you have bought).

Mentioned in this post
Detroit, Michigan
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK Terminal/Transfer

I have a Delta ticket direct from Detroit to bangalore, India.

Mentioned in this post
Detroit
Detroit
Michigan
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
19,509 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK Terminal/Transfer

You should verify with Delta if they will forward your luggage from your domestic to international flight and if you'll get all your boarding passes at your initial check in Detroit. (Hopefully, but safer to check with them.)

You must leave security to go to between T4 and T1.

Delta JFK terminal info: https:/…new-york-jfk.html (Only transfers between T2 and T4 can be done within the secure area.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 07:26
Mentioned in this post
Reply to: JFK Terminal/Transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted