We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental in Central Park recommendations

Florida
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Rental in Central Park recommendations

My family (husband and two children ages 10 & 6) will be in NYC for 7 days and think it'd be fun and the best way to see everything in Central Park by having a bike. I've looked into some bike rental places but a number of them get pretty poor reviews. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money to rent bikes for 2-4 hours but I don't want to deal with bad service, bikes, etc. Can anyone recommend a company they've used or heard good things about? Thank you.

Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,251 Reviews
from USD 89.99*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from USD 175.00*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,093 Reviews
from USD 109.95*
2 replies to this topic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12,798 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rental in Central Park recommendations

Central Park is best seen on foot, not by bikes because bikes are restricted to the main roads.

You posted in the general forum for all of NY State; repost in the NY City forum to attract more readers.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18,153 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike Rental in Central Park recommendations

Most sights in the Park cannot be seen by bike since ll of the enormous system of paths are pedestrian only. Bikes re allowed only on the outer roads and they are used mostly for exercise so most riders will be going a fair speed - not sightseeing. We live a block from the Park and ride many weekends in decent weather - but for exercise only.

You really need to tour on foot to see most of the sights and take part in the various activities (zoo, carousel, rowing on the lake, model boats on the pond and a host of others). Check the Central Park Conservancy web site for a list of activities, including the always fascinating Ranger Walks, and a complete map of the paths. And be aware that this is not a typical city parks; parts are heavily wooded and very rocky with large boulders.

Reply to: Bike Rental in Central Park recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted