We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels on the beach in Grand Haven, South Haven or Ludington

4 posts
Save Topic
Hotels on the beach in Grand Haven, South Haven or Ludington

My family live in Indiana and we would like to plan a few days at the beach in Michigan. I've been to Traverse City before and loved it, but it's too far. From the research I've done online it seems that Grand Haven, South Haven or Ludington are within 3-4 h driving distance.

We would like to stay at a hotel that is right on the beach and also provides beach chairs, but I'm having a hard time finding this information online. Anyone has any suggestions of resorts that meet these requirements?

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Grand Haven
Grand Haven
Ottawa County, MI
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Ludington
Ludington
Michigan
2 replies to this topic
Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels on the beach in Grand Haven, South Haven or Ludington

Unfortunately, in Grand Haven we don't have a hotel that's right on the beach. The closest to what you're asking for would be the Bluewater Inn, which is directly across the street from the state park: http://www.bluewaterinngrandhaven.com/ It's nothing fancy, but the location is great.

The next best option in GH as far as relative to water and downtown activities would be the Harbor House Inn: http://new.harborhousegh.com/

Mentioned in this post
Grand Haven
Grand Haven
Ottawa County, MI
Bluewater Inn and Suites
Bluewater Inn and Suites
103 Reviews
Grand Haven, MI
The Harbor House Inn
The Harbor House Inn
137 Reviews
Grand Haven, MI
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels on the beach in Grand Haven, South Haven or Ludington

The only one I have found on past searches is southhavensunsets.com/rentals/b9gwmygt9ak2fm…

in South Haven, MI.. and they book WEEKLY in the summer for their cottages. And I have no idea on availibility.

There are many hotels/rentals in which are easily walkable to the beach or sits on a bluff with stairs to the beach but none other than the link, that I know of, that sits directly on the beach.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 00:48
Mentioned in this post
South Haven
South Haven
Van Buren County, MI
Reply to: Hotels on the beach in Grand Haven, South Haven or Ludington
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted