We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hour layover at O'Hare

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 hour layover at O'Hare

Hi,

In July, my husband and I will have a 4 hour (+4 minute!) layover in Chicago O'Hare. We will be coming from Seattle and continuing to London Heathrow (AA/BA codeshare so our bags are checked through).

My question is (assuming the first flight is on time) whether we will have enough time to meet a friend for a quick taste of Chicago style pizza (she is happy to meet us at the airport and provide the pizza!)?

We are not US passport holders, so I'm concerned about how long it will take to clear customs, or won't we need to if we're coming in on a domestic flight? We have the appropriate Visa/ESTA as we will be visiting the US for 2 weeks and this is our return journey.

Thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Chicago Architecture River Cruise
2,959 Reviews
from USD 41.44*
Viator VIP: Willis Tower Skydeck...
101 Reviews
from USD 124.00*
Chicago Explorer Pass
176 Reviews
from USD 75.00*
3 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
55,364 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hour layover at O'Hare

You'll arrive in the domestic terminals (T3). If you're departing on BA, you'll depart out of T5.

Best options is to have your friend bring pizza to you at T3. Meet down by baggage claim in the lower level. Since you'll be land side, you'll need to take the tram to T5. https:/…default.aspx

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,411 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hour layover at O'Hare

No customs or immigration in Chicago for you.

What Dave said but there are no real restaurants outside of security so might be hard to find someplace to sit and eat a pizza.

B.

pgo
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Chicago
Level Contributor
7,613 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 hour layover at O'Hare

What about meeting at the Goddess and Grocer in T5? It's pre-security and there are seats. I doubt you'd be allowed to bring in a pizza (which would be cold, anyway...) but they do have a decent assortment of food and drinks. goddessandgrocer.com/locations/…

I find T5 easier to get to and from by car, but if your friend is traveling via the CTA Blue Line, T3 will be easier for her.

Reply to: 4 hour layover at O'Hare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted